snow

brianlajoie

Unless you have slide toppers, you must remove it. The little sweepers on to cannot pust the snow off. I have slide toppers, but I also carry a ladder. Use a broom or something soft, but firm as you have a rubber roof on the slide out.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Remove snow as soon as you can on slideout roofs. If you wait, it may melt some, then refreeze and become ice, which is muuuuch harder to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We've got a snow storm comin' in on Sunday night . . .

Right now they are calling for around a foot or more!

Guess I'll put the slides in tomorrow after I finish working out there.

Seren

If you know there is going to be a lot of snow (and definitely for an ice storm), I would recommend bringing the slides in even if you have toppers. A lot of heavy wet snow, or just a little freezing rain can possibly damage the toppers. Not only can you save money by using less propane to heat a smaller space, but assuming you can get to the bed with the slides in, then you can snuggle-up with the one you love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Right now our trailer is just parked beside our house . . . I have all of the slides out as we are getting it ready to go to the Tucson HOC Rally in three weeks.

We don't have slide toppers (I personally don't like them), but when we have the two big slides in they are both up against the island in the kitchen and you can't walk to the back of the trailer without climbing over something.

Plus . . . can't open the fridge or get at the stove, either.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you know there is going to be a lot of snow (and definitely for an ice storm), I would recommend bringing the slides in even if you have toppers. A lot of heavy wet snow, or just a little freezing rain can possibly damage the toppers. Not only can you save money by using less propane to heat a smaller space, but assuming you can get to the bed with the slides in, then you can snuggle-up with the one you love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Once we had a rain then it froze that night. The next morning when I put the slide in the leave I heard a large crack and thought something broke. Then I realized that I had ice on top of the slide topper and the crack I heard was the ice breaking. Luckily nothing broke other than the ice.

danemayer

Snowed some overnight and is snowing this morning. In a few minutes I'll be going up on the roof to clear the toppers.