so impressed with new gateway!!!

1_oldgoat

Mike,
Sorry so slow to reply, interweb has been down out here again since friday, its a pain in the a**! We were or still might leave this wednesday but my truck just threw a code for turbo speed timer, after reasearching a little i may have to buy and replace the turbo or ecu. Have to check a couple other things first. Wish me luck!!
Wayne, thanks for the pictures, i knew someone would let me know i mounted my JT's upside down!! I did that because my outer tubes were binding on the swing bolts, the outer tube also has a hole in the bottom of it for water to drain so i'm not worried about them filling from rain or while washing. Man they do make a difference, well worth the money. I posted a picture of the tube showing it hitting the eye bolt.
Marcus

GrumpyOneandTwo

Marcus,
mmmmm, wouldn't this be a good time to trade it in??????????? Talk to the CFO....she might agree!!!....lol...

Good Luck!!!

I might put in a credit app with my CFO, she likes it when there is minimal shaking!!

Now you have to wish me luck!!!!!..lol..

Later,
Mike

1_oldgoat

Mike,
Good luck!! I looked at another mega cab 3500, didn't see mileage on it, dodge quit makin that cab for some reason so can't buy new one, need the room for floyd.
This truck has been incredible, 118000 with no trouble till now. I can replace whatever it ends up being, and we did want to get another truck in a couple years, just can't or don't want to do it right now. We will see i guess if we have to many issues we might have to.
Oh, tracking number
9114 9012 3080 1706 7896 40, got insurance for 50 bucks as well for free.
Let me know how it goes!! Guess its a good thing i didn't order that bow!
Marcus

GrumpyOneandTwo

Thanks, I hope your truck lasts as long as you need it to!!!! I don't NEED another one...I just WANT one!!!!!!!

Thanks once again. I want to do our kitchen counter tops and the vanity top too! I went to amazon.com and found the wax there. Going to order some.

Mike

1_oldgoat

Mike, i was wrong, i guess dodge does still make a megacab, was just looking at a few online and 60k is a bit steep for me right now!! I can get an extended warrenty for my '07 so may do that. Alot less than a new truck. I promised the wife a new jeep this year so if i got a truck instead i might have to sleep in it! Let me know when the buffer shows, i just used McGuiars ultimate for rv,, it worked really well and seems to be holding up, i slid the kitchen in and out to see if the countertop would have a mark on it and nadda, so again an excellent tip. Marcus

Hi Marcus and Mike,
I have been following your thread and learning. We have a brand new Gateway 3200RS and have started a wish list which includes the JTs. The check book has gotten a little thin lately so they will need to wait a while. I do have a couple of questions you may be able to help with. The leading edge of my under belly material is not fastened to the trailer. I don't know how it kept from tearing loose while I was towing it home at highway speeds for 2 1/2 hours. It's just hanging down in front about 8 inches. How is it normally attached? from one of your pictures, Marcus, it looks like there may be just screws with washers. If so, do the screws protrude into the front storage compartment? Also do either of you have the residential refrigerator option?
Thanks
Don

GrumpyOneandTwo

Hey Don,
I also have the 3200 rs. Yes, the underbelly is held by washers and screws. I would go out and look for you but it is coming down cats and dogs! When the rain stops I'll go look to see how far forward the underbelly material go's. I do not have the residential fridge. I am not sure if Marcus does or not. After hearing Marcus brag on the JT's they are now on my wish list! I'm sure Marcus will see this and maybe have an answer for you.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the reply. No hurry on the underbelly. I've got about 10 days to fix that before I tow again. The reason I asked about the residential refrigerator is that mine has it. I'm a little concerned about the size of the inverter. I'm seeing some problems reported on another forum. I had mine running on the inverter for a few hours yesterday and found the inverter shut itself off twice. Also the forward storage compartment on the door side is a little strange. The dealer tells me that the battery normally goes there, but with the residential refrigerator they add a second battery and move them into the front compartment. They left the forward compartment on the door side of the camper without any floor. You open the door and look at the ground. Is yours like this?

Thanks
Don

swiftk77

I have a gateway 3650BH with the residential refrig. When they moved the batteries to the front the old battery compartment is empty and has no floor. I will either cut a piece of plywood and use it for extra storage or might look at adding another battery or two and wire it through to the front compartment. I haven't run my frig yet and I am also following the other forum regarding the small inverter. Keep me posted on your inverter and I'll do the same, in case we need to make a group request to Heartland to trade up to 2000 watts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrumpyOneandTwo

Hey Don,
No, my battery is in there. I guess you can add a floor & make a little storage compartment. I'll take some pix tomorrow of the underbelly. That is if it quits raining by then! (it is supposed to quit)
Mike

Thanks swiftk77 and Mike,
Mike, maybe you can tell me about the television connections. I have two coax connectors in the docking station (both unlabeled) and one on the outside of the RV on the door side near the storage compartment. My question is: where do I connect for satellite and cable? We are driveway camping tonight. Our first night in the new rig. Even with the problems, this is an amazing camper. We are really happy with it.
Thanks
Don

GrumpyOneandTwo

Hey Don,
I had a time figuring out which connection was which also! I finally had to take a marker and label them!!
The one closest to the door is for the satellite and the second one cable. The other one I assume is for watching a TV outside, but I never tried it yet. Hope this helps.
Mike

Thanks Mike,
If I remember correctly, that's what the dealer told me. I was kind of in a daze at the time. He also said the lower hose connection is where the anti freeze goes in for winterizing. I found the anti freeze in take hose and valves behind the panel near the water pump. I think the hose connection he was referring to is the black water tank flush. I have already learned, from another thread, to not use the 1' square access panel, but to take off the part of the wall attached to the docking station for access to the water heater bypass and water pump.
There is an instruction sheet pasted to the inside of the storage compartment door but it is labeled for two other models of Heartlands and the pictures are much different from my docking station.
Don

GrumpyOneandTwo

Hey Don,

I always use the wall entry when I want to get behind the docking station. I've had to re-tighten a few water connections back there. In fact I have the wall down now checking a leak from the city water connection. Now, when I winterize I just drain the water heater, open all the spigots, don't forget to drain the shower hose, and blow everything out using a air tank. I got the attachment for the air tank from Camping World. Then I fill all the traps with Marine & RV antifreeze. I don't fool with trying to bypass the water heater. Now, I'm in Alabama, you're in Minn a snow da, so I don't know if that will work for you or not?...lol..

I checked the underbelly awhile ago and mine comes to the cross member right where the front compartment starts. Then the foot or so from there to the front has a plastic like sheet under the front compartment. I can get a picture if I didn't explain it very well!!!

Take care,
Mike

Thanks Mike,
I think my underbelly material just needs to be trimmed. It extends too far forward by about 5". It should have one more screw at one corner. Then it should be good. I don't have any plastic sheet forward of that. I would be curious what that is about. Could it be sealing the perforations in the bottom of the front compartment that I'm told are there to install a generator?

The compartment with no floor is going to hold my water softener. Just one more project.

I don't know why I'm concerned about winterizing. If all goes as planned, we are going to get out of Minnesota before freezing temps and stay out until it warms up again. This last winter cured me. This is the reason for the new Gateway.

A year ago this spring we were fairly close to your area. We spent two nights at the State Park in Marianna Fl. We took the cave tour there. We then headed up through Dothan and Montgomery and then across to the Jackson MS area.

Thanks
Don

swiftk77

I was kind of wondering the same and also if the rubbing from the kitchen slide will be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1_oldgoat

20140524_130049.jpg
Don,
Sorry i haven't been hecking the forum for a week or so, supposed to be in west yellowstone at a rally but my truck decided otherwise.
The thermoplast on my trailer sets about three inchs fwd of the font crossmember so check and see if there are screws back from the edge of it, might be able to see in the picture how mine looks.
No flooring on the front doorside fwd compartment, mine has a battery there as well, it wouldn't take much to install a piece of aluminum sheeting for one. Extra storage isn't a bad idea but there is so much room as is not sure its necessary!
I took the side panel off to winterize my gateway, the little 1x1 foot is a waste of time, i don't thnk you can get to everything through that. I am going to dry winterize as Mike is doing from now on, after using out trailer through the coldest months of winter i am not so sure you need antifreeze in the lines as long as they are free of water.
We have used our rv every month since we bought it last november, and had plans for this month as well but since my truck is still in the shop may not get a chance this month......kind of bummed, anyway we have never opened our awning up so not sure about the size of it to be able to answer that question, and since it a 3500 RE it may be different than others. I'll open it up when the wind stops blowing here to check its size.
Again sorry i haven't been checking here lately, i'll try to make a point to be a little more attentive. Enjoy your new Gateway and i am sure you are going to love it, Mike is correct on cable hookups, inner is cable, outer sattlelite, the doorside is for an outdoor television sitting on the storage floor.
Speaking of flooring, the kitchen slide roller will leave a slight indentation on the floor but the material will not allow it to stay once its open, the flooring is incredible stuff, if i could buy some for the house i would use it in a heartbeat in the laundry room, its tough stuff and hard to mark up for sure, scratch resistant from dogs nails and as i said the slide roller marks disapear after they are open for a bit so spongy might best describe its tendancies to reform back to shape. I wouldn't worry about marks or dents in it at all.
Hope that answers any questions, safe travels and enjoy this weekend
Mike, thank you for your service to this wonderful country we all call home.
Happy memorial weekend to all!!
Marcus, Shelli and pretty boy Floyd20130912_143246.jpg

1_oldgoat

Sorry, forgot to mention the JT strong arms, amazing accessory, i thought most of the movement was from tires and leaf springs but these have taken 90 percent of all movement out of the unit, its rock solid now, it takes a bit to get set correct, now i have it figured out it will be easy, severe winds and rain caused one side to loosen up a bit but just bumped the front jacks up a little and they are tight as can be again. Well worth the money, i think we paid 375 for ours, don't quote me on that but i think its right. I did install myself and it took an hour for the front and a little longer on the rears because i am stubborn and wanted to install them towards the back sides instead of fwd like i ended up doing, they still work like a champ but i was trying to get side to side and fwd and back movement covered with one set, unfortunatly our style of jacks won't allow that.
Marcus