so impressed with new gateway!!!

Hey Marcus,
It's good to hear that you are doing fine. I'm also glad to hear that you got 20k miles on the original tires. We are in Alamo Texas. We left Minnesota November 3rd and won't be back there until May. The coldest we have seen is 18 degrees one night in Arkansas. We will be heading toward Arizona in a week or so. I have my fingers crossed that the tires don't give me any problems this year. Let me know how you come out on the tires. I might do the same next fall.

We are really happy with our Gateway. We have lived in it 2 1/2 months now and the winter is beginning to look too short. The only recent problem was a wiring issue in the transfer switch associated with the inverter. Just a loose connection. We have a 90 pound dog and a cat with us and we are very comfortable.

This Rio Grande valley is an interesting place. We are called Winter Texans down here. There is a lot to do. All of the parks offer a variety of trips and entertainment at very reasonable prices. We have been in this park a month and have been to three shows and two short bus trips. The entertainment is Branson quality. The cost of living is very reasonable. We will be back sometime in the future. This winter we are looking at Texas and Arizona, next year we will probably go to Florida.

The weather has not been great, but whenever I feel like complaining about the weather, I just look up the current weather in Minnesota and that cures me for a while.

We went to a Heartland Owners rally in Minnesota this fall and then we caught one in Louisiana on this trip. We age going to try to get to another one in Texas early this spring on our way home.

We are really enjoying the RV life.

Maybe sometime our trails will cross in the future. It would be nice to meet.

Good luck and happy RVing.

Don

1_oldgoat

Hey Don,
Good to hear you are out of the cold and enjoying life, we were supposed to be in Nevada but the wife wanted to spend x mas with family so we compromised and headed north for the holidays again, thats how compromise works around here, made it there and back safe, but man i sure hate towing on snow and ice, not a secure feeling.
FW is at the dealership getting the last of warrenty work finished, hope its finished soon, i need to go fishing and its march, snowing now but that can change quickly this time of year. Should head out the end of the month if the rv is ready. Making plans for the Oregon coast, seems to be the destination time after time lately, this trip i plan on seeing an old buddy i served with who lives in Salem. Be nice to catch up and smoke a gar with him.
The deal i made with my wife we should be in warmer weather next winter so if you are down south let us know, i wanted to look at a lot in Parumph Nv and check out hunting regs for feral hogs or Javalina. I know in Az i can hunt in Jan so keeping fingers crossed Nv is the same.
its time to get moving here, safe travels and keep in touch, good.to hear you are doing well and no problems.
marcus

1_oldgoat

Didn't make our first trip of the new year with new sailuns on, dealership didn't get em installed b4 we took.off, blew one 70 miles from home on a 2k trip