• CANYON RV PARK

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdgirl

Fall Rally locations

Hi you all ~! Well, Roy and I made it back from our 2 week tour of the north country. HAD A BLAST, but about broke. More on that later. We might be up for a Fall Rally. Since we just got back I have NO idea about future vacation dates. Some of us still have to work for a livin'. The only thing I ask is for a cool spot, if that's possible. With Roy's MS, that's a must for us. We do have an AC on the BC, but only one. I shoulda got two! I'll keep checking the site for more information. Keep yer fingers crossed that we can make it. And heck yeah, we're rowdy! Only way to go! None
Hugs ~ Dena

tbsimmons

Guys and Gals,
I would like to attend with everyone when one is planned.
I live near Bakersfield, so I have been to wine country a few times.
The people running the park used to be very accommodating, which in the last couple years they have been busier, so the accommodation has come down some.
Park is still great though. Water Park across the street. Firestone winery has a walk path from the park. Other wineries within a 5 minute drive.
The closer you get to Pismo, the smaller the sites get, either length or narrow. I stay at Pismo Coast Village a lot because my parents own shares, and will not pay to stay there. Security has always bugged me from my truck and trailer to big for the site, my dog that lays in a chair bugging people, rarely barks and minds without a lease, topper is that he is a Pekingnese. It is not the Toy Hauler causing it either, it occured with our old fiver, a Jazz.
Pismo Sands is also a pretty nice park. Just like Wine Country can get a lot of sites that share the camp side.
My sister and brother in law have a 40 footer also, so when we go to Pismo we usually stay at Pismo Dune RV Ranch. Not that great for looks as a park, but we like it. Sites can be a little narrow if the neighbor can not park a RV, but I still like this park.
Further south you can stay at Flying Flags in Buellton, but do not expect anything. They are great on the phone and say they can fit any size rig. They can if you are a master at pulling a trailer. The wife refuses to stay there again, people working at the park were rude. One was guiding in my neighbor and almost hit my trailer, then proceeded to tell me it was my fault because the trailer was to big for the site. This was when we had the 2870UK Jazz.

Down south the only park I have stayed in is Rancho California is Temecula. Cant go anymore because of the Toy Hauler, they don’t allow them, but is a beautiful park.

I would choose Wine Country though, it is still one of the nicest parks I think on the Central Coast.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well we are back from N.D and watching the fall rally thread. Some very good suggestions have been made. As we all know, fuel prices may play a big role in how far we travel and maybe kids being back in school. So if all you that are interested keep the thread alive with suggestions and dates. Got a PM from Larry and Debbi from Rapid City S.D this morning, so far so good. The Shiny side is still up. Bob:D:D:eek:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
nope bob,
my fun crashes were in avila beach which sucks. wine country was awesome especially those cement pull thrus. saw a few bighorns there in feb when we went there. you mite be a little fuddy duddy for wine country bob, we will have to loosen u up and watch u spin. LOL Quite a site to behold! still alive in rapid city and heading for cheyenne soon and on to colorado, new mexico, arizona and home if we survive. keep ur fingers crossed. i thought of u Bob when going thru donner pass. i bet u could eat ur own and still lick ur fingers. it was kinda scary with 4 lines down to one. thank god for the tow/haul. didnt see any bones on the road, so u must have picked them clean. even backed into this space in hart ranch. now i just have to open my eyes. i think october would be a good time for the next socal rally. maybe we can talk jimbo to bring his rig. its time for him to provide us with a free dinner.

sandman

Southern calif rally

Hey everyone, hope everyone doing good. Just wanted to check in and see how plans are going on the oct rally plans. The wine country rv is good for us, but we might take a census on how far everyone has time and money to go , Just an idea to think about, so everyone have a wonderful day, whats left of it anyway, bye:D

Marty & Theresa aka : Sandman

Bob&Patty

Sandman, good idea about a poll. We in the Socal group never worry about money with Larry, he has plenty of it. But the rest of us dont. Let me work on a poll. Thanks for the suggestion. Bob:D:D:eek:

Bob&Patty

Sandman, BTW, you must fill me in more about your hobby. I seem to be a car nut, so Im told. I like going to Bakersfield to the "smokers track".:) Ever been?? Bob:D:D:eek:

DennisZ

Bob

How about having the fall rally back at the site of our original rally at Canyon RV, it seems like that is a central location, and nobody would have to travel to far.

Also, if we have it on either October 10-12 or 17-19 we couldd all go to the Pomona RV show. We might even be able to get a factory guy or 2 and maybe even Jim B to join us for a night. The distance from the RV park to Pomona is about 25 miles.

Dennis

silverfox

Rally

Hi everyone. We've been following your plans for a rally in SoCal. Steve and I are fulltimers from San Antonio and just missed the rally in Texas. Currently we are in San Jose until about the first week of September. Then we are heading to the Butterfield Ranch RV resort near Julian for a 3-month workamping assignment. We will try and make the rally if it is not too far for us. I don't think we will make the one in Nevada.

Diana

Bob&Patty

Diana, the CG mentioned by Denniz is in Anaheim off the 91 freeway. From Julian, about a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive. We did have a good time at the 1st rally in Anaheim. I thinks it's worth considering. The wine country up north would be good also but just for 2 nights it's a long way from San Diego and Temecula. Some people that work on friday's would get there very late at night. Not sure what the driving time is from here. Just more food for thought. Bob:D:D:eek:the cat

sandman

Rally

Whats up guys, just checkin in to how things are going, Hope everyone is well. Canyon rv park looks good to us , never been but looks nice, probably have fun where ever we go im sure :D.

Bob&Patty

Fall Rally

Just thought I would check on the Poll I posted. We have only 1 reply and only about a month to put things in motion. Please, if you are interested, click on the poll so I know what to do. Bob:D:D:eek:

Larryheadhunter

nope bob, they were really nice at wine country rv. its just bit too far. Avila beach I will never go into as that place sucks. I like the place in anaheim, Canyon RV park as its in the middle of orange county and we had a blast especially like the old folks like u and Forrest and DennisZ and Jimbo Beletti, and we will be bringing a new bottle of Don Julio Agave Tequilla to share with all. Looking forward to a great rally wherever it is. I hope Dale and Jen make it again too. Thor lets down a few again and watching u drive thru those campsites with ur huge rig missing trees, bbqs, firepits, picnic tables, missing each one by inches was just awesome and a huge feat. Maybe u should compete. Bob, keep pushing this event, as forrest has done for Lost Wages. Maybe u can make ice cream sundaes for all. LOL

Bob&Patty

Hi Larry, ice cream sundays? You bring the ice cream. I have to admit that we had a good time in Anaheim. I guess we just need to get a date set. Bob :D

Bob&Patty

More Input

OK people, we need some input. Saturday night potluck? Make sure Larry has a pull through spot!! Dennis, round up all the people from the high desert. Try to contact all the new HL owners from Socal, I think there are 3 new ones, and very close to us. Anyone heard from BP Mills??? I guess I will send out some PM's to some folks. BTW, Pat and I will be out of town from Sept. 3rd to the 10th. So please just post away so I can get some stuff handled. Bob:D:D:eek:

frumbawa

Well, I chimed in with the 18th but even then, I'm not sure if I can make it. The fall is my daughter's time for gymnastics competition and they don't usually come out with the schedule until the beginning of each month so I won't actually know if we have the weekend free until it gets closer. If we can make it, will be there.

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. I'm still trying to figure out where it went.

Frank

Larryheadhunter

So Cal Fall Rally 2008

So cranky bob, have you decided on the exact dates and location for the socal rally? Unfortunately, although we really enjoyed Ocean Canyon they do not appear to have any pull thrus but who cares if you come early and pick your own site. I think you need to bring the ice cream old man, I am on social security and don't have the great job you have! I agree with DennisZ that we had a great time last rally there so let's do it again as its less than an hour from San Clemente. Make sure they trim those trees for all the folks with slide outs. LOL for those who remember. I am a little better backing in since our 32 day 10 state trip this summer. Not as good as any of my mentors, but if you don't try you will never get better. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Is JimBo coming? He is always the hit of the show! What a great job he has, Director of Owner Satisfaction. I wonder if he does windows too? Bob, have a safe trip. And for you tequila anejo afficienados I have a new brand for all to try.

OK people, we need some input. Saturday night potluck? Make sure Larry has a pull through spot!! Dennis, round up all the people from the high desert. Try to contact all the new HL owners from Socal, I think there are 3 new ones, and very close to us. Anyone heard from BP Mills??? I guess I will send out some PM's to some folks. BTW, Pat and I will be out of town from Sept. 3rd to the 10th. So please just post away so I can get some stuff handled. Bob:D:D:eek:

sdgirl

Oct 18th sounds fun

Hey ya'll~ Sorry I dropped outta sight for a while. Got really busy right after our May/June vacation. Still busy, in fact it's worse, but think that DH and I NEED a little R&R. Canyon was fun and was our first time meeting all of you so we will try to make it.

Larry, think I may have tied you in the bang up department. Hit the fence at home trying to back in. :mad: Think it's time to re-think that **** fence!

Hope to see you all there. Bob,,, I've missed you! Pls tell Pat I said Hello. Oh, puppy dog update. Our Golden is doing great. Her blood work is all back to normal, now it's just a matter of getting her off the drugs, which we hope to have done by the end of the year. Yeah!
Hugs to everyone~~~

Bob&Patty

Well, we are back from the Montana trip. It looks like Canyon RV Park and the 18th are the most popular. Now lets all get busy and post some ideas about what to do for fun. Bob:D

Bob&Patty

We Have A Problem

Well guys and gals we have a problem. Dennis called yesterday and advised me that Canyon RV Park is booked up for the 18th.:( The reason being that the big RV show is at Pomona that weekend. So now we have to pick a different day. Since the 18th was the most popular day, maybe we should pick a different month and day. So if you will post some thoughts on what we should do and with some more time we could get a bigger turnout. I also know that the holidays are coming and would it be better to wait until next year?? Bob and Pat:D:D:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.