SOLVED - F350 Dually Vibration Issue

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Re: F350 Dually Vibration Issue

Was the issue with the brush guard...the weight or air turbulence?

rxbristol

Was the issue with the brush guard...the weight or air turbulence?

At low speeds I think it's the weight. At higher speeds the rough ride was further enhanced by another truck vibration. I won't put it back on this truck.

IronJ

Did you have just the guard or was it the full bumper replacement?..

I only ask because I had one one on my 250 for about 2 weeks...I hated it..

Mpg dropped 1-2 and it seemed to make the front end vibrate more

I had the full replacement bumper

It was a BEAST of a thing tho...easily 300lbs. ..and honestly it was just plain ugly for what I wanted....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I know I'm jumping into this late but we had problems with our '14 Ram dually. Glad they isolated your problem to the brush guard. Our's was a different problem which caused the vibrations at speeds over 60 mph. Manufacturer ship truck with low psi in the tires which we didn't find out until much later. Our truck had been on the lot for about 6 months before we purchased it. With all the vibrations, we took the truck to 2 different truck tire places for balancing as well as the dealership. Finally the dealership figured out the the tires (all 6) were badly flat-spotted and couldn't be balanced so they replaced all tires. That helped but still have vibrations after 70 mph so we started the process again. This time we did an alignment along with re-balancing and wow what a difference. The truck is smooth up to around 80 mph. All of this was done without the LM hitched. We just return from the Bristol races pulling the camper and didn't have any vibrations.

rxbristol

Good grief...how much does it weigh??

If I remember correctly, close to 200 lbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have just the guard or was it the full bumper replacement?..

I only ask because I had one one on my 250 for about 2 weeks...I hated it..

Mpg dropped 1-2 and it seemed to make the front end vibrate more

I had the full replacement bumper

It was a BEAST of a thing tho...easily 300lbs. ..and honestly it was just plain ugly for what I wanted....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

It was just the guard. I do have the rear bumper Ranch Hand and I like it.

Last edited:

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Re: SOLVED--F350 Dually Vibration Issue

We had a problem with our F350 a couple of years ago and after doing front end still had problem, so looked online and found out many people were having problem, so they added a steering stabilizer and no problem since.
LindaW