SOLVED: Key Largo Bedroom Slide won't fully extend

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
The slide in my bedroom will not extend all the way out. It goes out about 18" then stops. It appears to be binding because it starts shifting to one side before it stops. It comes back in OK and stops at the same place everytime when trying to extend it. The other slides work OK. Any ideas as to where I need to look for a problem? Thanks, Ken

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Re: Key Largo Bedroom Slide

Maybe a silly question but are the doors next to the closet closed? We had that happen on our original unit and it "re adjusted" the hinges. You might also check to confirm something has not dropped into the area behind the slide wings and the wall. Things move around a lot when you are moving.
:confused:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Just a wild shot. The stops on the slide mechanism (under the slide) could be out of adjustment.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

All good suggestions above. I'm going with, something is obstructing the travel as mentioned.
Maybe a silly question, but have you looked outside for a tree or limb?
Let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired

FOUND IT!!! As Tom suggested, I looked between the slide wings and the outer wall and found it. My wife has a Bible that she keeps on the RV. I've always known the Bible was a powerful tool and now I know for sure that it is powerful enough to stop a hydraulic pump dead in it tracks. After reading my original post, I thought "something must be binding the slide" and after reading Tom's post, checked it out and now all is well. As usual, this forum has provided answers and provided them fast. I'm in the process of installing our stackable washer and dryer and now I can concentrate on that chore and quit thinking about the slide. Thanks again. Ken