SOLVED: Level up power

avvidclif

Just as a matter of note the Level-Up system can't be rebooted by removing power. It has a Novram for memory (no battery needed to back it up) and you would have to know the factory reset sequence to reboot it. They won't tell you that, I've asked. I think the problem was the "tech" I was talking to was clueless and reading from a script. I asked him questions he didn't have an answer for nor a clue what I was talking about.

rhodies1

Re: Level up power

So, after my last post on this thread and a brief spell of working flawlessly, the LevelUp system again became intermittent in its operation. Would level the rig at one or two sites and then would require me to interrupt the cycle and level it manually. I have been mulling this problem over since we arrived at our winter site as I tend to procrastinate when dealing with a problem that seems beyond my capabilities. So today, as our time of being parked at our winter home is rapidly getting shorter, I decided to at least take a shot at figuring out the cause of the problem. I have tried a couple of simpple solutions without success so time to try some more involved solutions and would start with the problem lying with the rear sensor. I didn’t want to drop the whole underbelly to find the location of the sensor and didn’t want to just start randomly cutting holes in the Cloroplast so what to do? I remembered Dan had indicated the sensor was located on either the cross member behind or in front of the water but which one? I found I could remove several screws on the door side and, after dropping the spare tire carrier down, pull down the chloroplast and insulation enough to see the sensor lying on the top of the chloroplast near the forward cross member. Cut the chloroplast on 3 sides as discussed in other threads, remounted the sensor in the correct position. Tape the chloroplast up and all is well. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum.

To help hold the coroplast up drill a few holes on the cut side and remaining coroplast section and run a few cable/ zip ties through the holes to snug the coroplast together,this will prevent it from falling down and also takes the strain off the tape.

danemayer

Just as a matter of note the Level-Up system can't be rebooted by removing power. It has a Novram formemory (no battery needed to back it up) and you would have to know the factory reset sequence to reboot it. They won't tell you that, I've asked. I think the problem was the "tech" I was talking to was clueless and reading from a script. I asked him questions he didn't have an answer for nor a clue what I was talking about.
Cliff,

The basic firmware that controls the system will reboot (in the conventional sense of reboot) at each power cycle. You can see the evidence of the reboot on the control screen.

You would want the zero-calibration setting to survive a power cycle, which is why that data would be stored in non-volatile memory. If it didn't, at every power cycle, you would have to do a new zero-calibration. Since there is a published procedure to reset the zero-calibration, that data can be changed by the user.

Is there some other data you think is stored in the NVRAM that you would like to change?

Lou_and_Bette

That's awesome news Lou. I need you to come help me with some gremlins :)

You got it brother, I’ve gotten pretty adept at finding and banishing some gremlins.

- - - Updated - - -

To help hold the coroplast up drill a few holes on the cut side and remaining coroplast section and run a few cable/ zip ties through the holes to snug the coroplast together,this will prevent it from falling down and also takes the strain off the tape.

Thanks for the tip, that should keep the flap in place.

CoveredWagon

Does anyone have a picture of what theses sensors look like and where they are located? I don’t have problems, but I’ll bet there are a few out there who would like to be armed with this info.

avvidclif

Cliff,

The basic firmware that controls the system will reboot (in the conventional sense of reboot) at each power cycle. You can see the evidence of the reboot on the control screen.

You would want the zero-calibration setting to survive a power cycle, which is why that data would be stored in non-volatile memory. If it didn't, at every power cycle, you would have to do a new zero-calibration. Since there is a published procedure to reset the zero-calibration, that data can be changed by the user.

Is there some other data you think is stored in the NVRAM that you would like to change?

In what I deal with the operating firmware is hard coded and cannot be modified, usually eprom or on board the processor itself. A copy of this is loaded and has certain things that can be changed and this working copy is what is stored in NOVRAM and booted from each time it powers up. A hard reset, not just power up, causes the processor to read from the original firmware which includes no programmed settings. It requires a jumper change or keypress sequence to activate it. If the operating copy is corrupt you need to have the reset sequence. Maybe they do it different but the tech support person I talked to didn't know how it was done. I guess you got a more knowledgeable person.