SOLVED: Missing Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker for Black Tank Flusher

conradsteph

Re: I don't think it's supposed to be this way

Fascinated by that pic. Enlarged and brightened to help educate me on this plumbing stuff. Hopefully it can help you. Maybe someone can chime in and tell us what is going on here. Black wash inlet to vacuum breaker/anti siphon to black tank - seems simple enough. But blue to red (just sitting there with no connection whatsoever) with missing valve seems crazy. Valve came off on both ends? Is the plumbing much more intricate than how it's depicted in the plumbing HUG?
image (3).jpg

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Re: ATF: Landmark - Black Tank Flush

I agree with kakampers and I now how hard it is to believe us but plywood is designed to get wet and dry so more than others. Leave everything open for a few if possible and run a fan into the basement area to circulate air and all should be fine. Probably dry up just as your done with your repairs.

wdk450

Shouldn't there be crimp rings on the open red and blue PEX lines where the atmospheric vacuum breaker was???

Fascinated by that pic. Enlarged and brightened to help educate me on this plumbing stuff. Hopefully it can help you. Maybe someone can chime in and tell us what is going on here. Black wash inlet to vacuum breaker/anti siphon to black tank - seems simple enough. But blue to red (just sitting there with no connection whatsoever) with missing valve seems crazy. Valve came off on both ends? Is the plumbing much more intricate than how it's depicted in the plumbing HUG?
View attachment 25917

mattpopp

Trouble Maker

Shouldn't there be crimp rings on the open red and blue PEX lines where the atmospheric vacuum breaker was???

Pictures won't show on my iPad. But if the PEX is installed on a barbed fitting then yes, should have a crimp on it. If its installed in a "stab In" or compression fitting then no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

If the valve was attached correctly, there should have bee crimp rings on the PEX. If it popped out somehow, the rings should have stayed behind. Even if they fell off somehow, there would be evidence of compression on the ends of the pipes.

Theresau

Confused here. Thought that when you hooked up to black tank flush, water went directly to the blank tank. What is the idea about all of this? Going to check ours as well but want to understand what's going on.

danemayer

Confused here. Thought that when you hooked up to black tank flush, water went directly to the blank tank. What is the idea about all of this? Going to check ours as well but want to understand what's going on.

Read post 11

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scottyb

It's because you are connecting a potable water source to a raw sewage source. In theory, if there was a water line break or loss of pressure on the potable side, it could create a vacuum and suck raw sewage or contaminants back into the water system. A check valve does not meet the requirement because it is not a vacuum break.

Theresau

Makes sense. Thanks.

It's because you are connecting a potable water source to a raw sewage source. In theory, if there was a water line break or loss of pressure on the potable side, it could create a vacuum and suck raw sewage or contaminants back into the water system. A check valve does not meet the requirement because it is not a vacuum break.

FordMan1966

I have a 2013 Landmark and before I ordered the Rig I was told by another dealer that sales Landmarks that they had plumbing problems with just about everyone of the Landmarks when they arrived at the dealer. So I had the dealer look over mine really close during the PDI for all water connections. Sorry you are having trouble.

Greengas

I have a 2013 Landmark and before I ordered the Rig I was told by another dealer that sales Landmarks that they had plumbing problems with just about everyone of the Landmarks when they arrived at the dealer. So I had the dealer look over mine really close during the PDI for all water connections. Sorry you are having trouble.

I blame myself partly because I should have stuck that hose into the black tank flush inlet during the PDI and then it would have been corrected on the spot. But no, did I remember that from my checklist, of course not. But on the good side when I ran the water in the sink in the bedroom during the PDI and it flooded under the sink I was able to get an immediate repair because that I remembered to do.

jbeletti

I blame myself partly because I should have stuck that hose into the black tank flush inlet during the PDI and then it would have been corrected on the spot. But no, did I remember that from my checklist, of course not. But on the good side when I ran the water in the sink in the bedroom during the PDI and it flooded under the sink I was able to get an immediate repair because that I remembered to do.

Don't take any of the blame for the production miss. While it's a miss at the plant, the dealer should have caught this during their PDI so you wouldn't be left holding the bag right now.

Theresau

And dealer should have caught the sink issue prior to your PDI....

GlenStMary

Perhaps it's just my way of thinking, but when the dealer saw the leak under the sink and noticed that someone did not tighten the trap or whatever, I might have thought he would suggest they look into more of the plumbing, just to be on the safe side. I'm going to open up our wall and double check our plumbing once again. I hope everything dries out and is as good as new. I sure hate that this happened.

wdk450

I tried to use my black tank flush for the first time today. What I got was a big flood, both in my basement and in my bedroom. I ended up tanking off the basement wall behind the UDC and found that when I turned on the flush, water flowed down from behind the shower. I took off the panel behind the shower and found both a blue and red pex pipe stick up and connected to nothing. The water was flowing out of the blue pipe. I looked down into the wall and saw what looks like the Anti Siphon value at the bottom. So now, I have a one day old coach with water damage to the basement wall, the wall behind the shower, and a wet bedroom carpet (and I did shut down the water as fast as I could). Please let me know if the problem is the missing Anti Siphon valve and if it is supposed to go on the blue pipe and then connect down to the red pipe. I am including two photos. One of the two open pipes and the other looking down inside the wall. Also, please let me know if the Camping World in Golden Colorado is an authorized repair facility for my Landmark and also what other "independent" repair facilities are in the Denver area.

I think I see the black atmospheric vacuum breaker at the bottom of the picture, inside the woodwork.
I must be getting Deja Vu, I thought I responded on this same picture this morning saying I thought the crimp rings were missing from the PEX where the atmospheric vacuum breaker is supposed to be connected at the top of the red and blue tubings.

wdk450

Greengas:
We caught you!!! This IS a duplicate thread!!! See://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/40990-I-don-t-think-it-s-supposed-to-be-this-way

Greengas

Greengas:
We caught you!!! This IS a duplicate thread!!! See://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/40990-I-don-t-think-it-s-supposed-to-be-this-way

Sorry. I did not realize that my email to the factory was also posted on the overall forum. Please tell me what my punishment is. :)