SOLVED: No Power at Systems Panel

SilverRhino

I had the BC home for a few days doing routine maintenance to prepare for Fall & Winter travelling. When I took it back and parked it in the storage garage I discovered that my Systems ( Battery Level / Tank Levels / Water Pump switch ) had no power.

Checked battery and it is charged, worked the landing gear and slides! Did not have time to investigate due to an appointment......Any suggestions as to why panel would lose power??

MCTalley

Re: No Power at Systems Panel

Do other 12V items work? (Overhead lights, for example). If not, the converter may have blown an output fuse (on the converter, not in the fuse panel). Our rig did the same, fortunately during our PDI.

danemayer

Hi SilverRhino,

You didn't mention whether you're plugged into shore power. If you are, the problem is probably with the Converter as Malcolm suggested.

If you're not on shore power, you probably just have to reset the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker near the battery. When it trips, no power from the battery gets to the fuse box. The landing gear and slides get their power from the buss bar near the battery, so they will continue to function. You can read more about it in our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide.

The buss bar has several circuit breakers on it, connected by a copper buss bar, as pictured below. The manual reset breaker has a teeny-tiny reset button that's pretty hard to see. Sometimes it's easier to feel for it.

The buss bar may have a set of red rubber boots covering the breakers.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 47
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 40

SilverRhino

I was not hooked up to shore power when I made the discovery. Dan, while waiting for my meeting I thought about the manual reset on the breaker.

Will be stopping buy storage tonight to pick up a car and I will hopefully solve the problem with a simple push of the button :)

SilverRhino

Well fortunately all it took to get everything right with the world was to reset the 50 amp breaker on the buss bar, behind the battery! Thanks for the reply's ;)

chip33

Thank You Dan, I also discovered that I did not have any 12V power working when I was not plugged in to shore power. I will be checking the mini breakers tomorrow and hoping you solved my problem. Talked to Elaine today but she was going to ask for a wiring diagram of my rig ( 2014 3370 RK ) Bighorn. Didn't seem to have any mention of these previous issues. THANKS AGAIN! Chip 33

NO POWER AT SYSTEMS PANEL
I've had saame problem twice. Refer to "Danemayer" comments. It cost me $129.00 to discover that simple solution.