SOLVED: Slide Room Adjustment

FYI, this forum is hard to use. I just purchased a used 2013 Gateway 3200RS and the kitchen slide does not extend out enough to seal, lacks about 3 inches. Don't want to experiment with it based on the "Lippert Electric Slideout System" directions which I got off the internet. Are there any more accurate directions? It just states to adjust in or out and no specific directions

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Gateway - Slide Adjustment

Hi captaintony,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share when needed.

Look under the "Tools" tab at top of page, we have lots of good owners user guides and manuals there. Also maybe one of our members has adjusted theirs slide and can give you some help.

Also check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us at a rally when you can.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

When you say the slide does not go all the way out to seal. Are you sure, the inner slide trim will not be flush with the wall. Can you see light coming through or put your fingers between the seals and the wall? To adjust the slide to go out farther...there are 2 large nuts on the slide ram. The inner nut is the one that pushes the slide out. You will need to loosen both nuts and turn the inner nut out the distance your need. Just do it a little at a time. The outer nut pulls the slide in, so be careful how much you adjust it. If turned in too far you can damage the out slide trim when the slide closes.

Thanks Bob and Patty, I will try your suggestion. The slide has to move out about 2 inches to seal inside. The 2 nuts ( one of these is a nylon locking nut) have about 1 inch to be maxed out. Also, there is a nut on the can. Should this be adjusted out?
Thanks Jim, I will explore the "Tools" tab. for future projects.

jimtoo

Before you do anything for adjusting or moving... run slide in about 6 inches... get at one end with flashlight and look underneath the slide. You might find something under there like a salt or pepper shaker or toy or something that is not part of the slide,, something that got left out bounced off the table or counter while traveling and found a home underneath the slide.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

The 2 nuts ( one of these is a nylon locking nut) have about 1 inch to be maxed out. Also, there is a nut on the can. Should this be adjusted out?
Thanks Jim, I will explore the "Tools" tab. for future projects.

You need to look at the "Tools" section now for this project.
Follow this link in "Tools" for answers to your questions on the adjustment. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

Well, I finally got a day off today and followed Cookie's advise and investigated the "Tools" and found my answer. Adjusted the slide based on the manual and got it! The adjustment was maxed out and I also adjusted the "can" too so it can come in properly. I did, however, in the adjustments and found a missing outside gasket and will order tomorrow so the slide will seal when closed inward. This job for more intricate adjustments needs a trained technician to fine tune the slide. I'm not that tech. Thanks for the recommendation Cookie.