SOLVED: Something's in the ceiling!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: Something's in the ceiling!

Beautiful felines! The middle photo looks like the twin of the one we had to put down 12 years ago (cancer). One of our current furballs is a 12 yr. old pure black "Coon." Maine Coons are a unique breed.

The one in the middle photo above (and below left) is Spicy . . . she is the largest of them and weighs 20 pounds!

Marcy is the oldest and the first Mainecoon of our bunch . . . she is black and white and the other one that goes camping with us.

She (Marcy) is on meds now so she goes every time we camp, as does Spicy and the youngest one Rusty (the orange kitty).

Sierra (the white and gray one wearing my slippers) goes occasionally, but she is not into camping as much as the other three.

Spicy-PA254749.jpg Marcy-PA254756.jpg Campout2012Spicy&Marcy-PC260025.jpg

Louba

You probably thought of this, but I'll mention it anyways.
Could it be a branch that rubs against the side or the roof of the RV with a light breeze?

Dick
Well there was a tiny leafy branch touching the side of the slide which I had not even considered. It was small and did not even seem to be in motion during the noise. I got up there and snipped it off and....no more noises. I feel pretty foolish now.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Lou

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Well, at least you didn't have to go out and get a half dozen cats.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Well, at least you didn't have to go out and get a half dozen cats.

Yes . . . but ain't nuthin' like having a purring six cat blanket to keep you warm at night!

Well, we have seven cats . . . but six is more than enough for the vibrating blanket! :rolleyes::p:eek:

Oregon_Camper

Well there was a tiny leafy branch touching the side of the slide which I had not even considered. It was small and did not even seem to be in motion during the noise. I got up there and snipped it off and....no more noises. I feel pretty foolish now.

Hey...makes for a great campfire story. :)

Jim.Allison

I once had a piece of styrofoam in the air conditioner race track/ducting. That thing kept blowing around from one end of the unit to the other when the AC units came on. Finally it came to rest on a vent, I removed the vent and it fell out. Then with the vent off, I turned on the a/c unit and a larger one blew out the hole. You would think that HL would not let little stuff like that past them.

JohnD

I once had a piece of styrofoam in the air conditioner race track/ducting. That thing kept blowing around from one end of the unit to the other when the AC units came on. Finally it came to rest on a vent, I removed the vent and it fell out. Then with the vent off, I turned on the a/c unit and a larger one blew out the hole. You would think that HL would not let little stuff like that past them.

Funny . . .

I rarely run our air conditioner, but whenever I do, I get a blast of styrofome pieces all over the trailer!

I thought I blew it all out . . . but each time I fire up the AC . . . . I get more!

Jim.Allison

Take out a vent, I accidently discovered that will help empty it.

Funny . . .

I rarely run our air conditioner, but whenever I do, I get a blast of styrofome pieces all over the trailer!

I thought I blew it all out . . . but each time I fire up the AC . . . . I get more!