SOLVED: Wet area AC Receptacles don't work

drpilot

We have a new Mallard 325 and all is well except the plug ins in the bath and bedroom will not receive a plug. When plugging in to the receptical, it only enter half way in and will not let me complete the plug in. I have never encountered this before and don't know what to do. Any advice will be appreciated.

jimtoo

Re: wet area plug ins don't work

Hi drpilot,

Have you tried wiggling kinda side to side? I think some of the new plugs have a extra shield, cover, something inside to keep kids from sticking things in. I saw one at daughters house that was that way and it was not the easiest to get something plugged into.

Jim M

I just thought,,, really I did,,,, I just put a new plug in our BH and it's that way also... so look in and see if it looks like it has a cover down inside.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

You will need to push in real hard for it to make contact. All these receptacles are now made tamper proof so kids won't stick things in to them. Our new house has them through out and some are a pain in the a** to plug into.

drpilot

Thanks for the advice. I tried the "wiggle" and it worked fine. I was hesitant to push too hard...but everything is now fine. THANK YOU FORUM!