Southbound on I65

On Tuesday 27 Dec 11 I left Athens Alabama headed to see my family in Indiana. During the trip I saw 12 Big Horns and 2 Landmarks all headed south. I was suprised that I didnt see any Big Country's.

Brad

Speedy

The begining of December you would have see us driving South. Then a week later see us driving North again.

Keep an eye out for us in late March or early April depending on when Winter arrives here in Minnesota.

Happy New Year!

We were through Athens, AL. Southbound on I-65 Thursday 29 Dec. around 1200 noon.
We have a Big Country.
We left Port Huron, Michigan at 0605 on Wed 28 Dec.
Stopped around 1630 Wed. night at Glendale RV park in Glendale, Ky which is South of Elizabethtown, on I-65.
Nothing to write about.
Left there and headed for Birmingham South RV Park at 0845 on Thursday.
This was a nice place.
It's at exit 242 on I-65. Just South of Birmingham, in Pelham, AL.
Lots of Trains around.
Sounded like they were going through the campground.
I like Trains, so it didn't bother me.
Reminded me on Elkheart County Fairgrounds in Goshen, IN.
We found out the same people who own Birmingham South RV Park also own Island Retreat RV Park in Gulf Shores, AL
Called ahead when we left Birmingham South to see if we could get into our site at Island Retreat 2 days early, and were told to come on in, our site was open.
We arrived here at 1430 hrs. on Friday 30 Dec. into our Winter Berth.
We are on lot 229.
There are about 6 Big Horns and 1 Big Country here so far.
I talked to one guy with a Big Horn about joining the Heartland Owners Club.
He said he had just brought the Big Horn (used) and didn't know about the club.
He was busy setting up a Satellite dish, so I didn't bother him further.
I will stop and talk to him again.
We have already made our reservations for next year for our same site.
If any members are in the area, stop and say Hi.

Hockster

Tool958

We stayed in Athens a couple of times last year and once in the Joe Wheeler State Park. We go down to Wheeler and Wilson Lakes fishing. Last time we were there in November we stayed at the lodge. While we were there we looked over the campground. It is a real nice park and plan to take the camper back down. Trouble is we'll have to drive two vehicles to get the boat there too. Hope after I retire to spend some time down there fishing and exploring.