Southco Keyless Entry system issues

SLO

Re: keyless entry

Well, Lippert was quick to send out a new keypad (one week to get it). The process of pairing the new keypad was very easy. Hardest part was figuring out where the receiver was, but with help from this forum was easy to locate. Took off inside window frame around door window (window is silicone in so it won't fall out, but caution is still advised). Receiver is in a pocket cut out in the Styrofoam door insulation. The receiver just lifts up a little to reveal the access door to the switches. My receiver had the dip switches instead of the jumpers. Took off screen door (6 screws) so I could close door. Receiver has to have power during this process, so the door had to be closed. I moved the dip switch to enroll new keypad position, went through the enrollment process. Changed the keypad code to my code choice. Put window frame and screen door back on. Everything works, for now. Hope it last for longer than two months. Total time from removing first screw to install last screw, about 20 min.

Rick

riverrat

We are looking to buy a LM grand canyon so looking to the forum for things to consider when ordering one later this year. just as a point of what I would do when changing battery or cleaning contacts I would use a little dielectric grease on battery and contacts. just my $.02

jimtoo

We are looking to buy a LM grand canyon so looking to the forum for things to consider when ordering one later this year. just as a point of what I would do when changing battery or cleaning contacts I would use a little dielectric grease on battery and contacts. just my $.02

Hi riverrat,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Yes, good advice. Enjoy the forum and your Grand Canyon when you get it.

Jim M

donr827

My 2013 Bighorn did not come with the keyless entry. I do not think that I am going to miss it.
Don

jbeletti

Trace,

I believe Lippert owns the RV Lock now and will likely offer that on special at the Gillette rally for attendees there. Should have their rally attendee specials flier in a week or 2.

Jim

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired

Aw man I have been waiting for that special!!!Oh well I miss out again!!

BHEWITTJR

I put the RV Lock on my Bighorn over a year ago. It works great but depending on how much you use it the batteries don't last the season.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Trace,

I believe Lippert owns the RV Lock now and will likely offer that on special at the Gillette rally for attendees there. Should have their rally attendee specials flier in a week or 2.

Jim

Great, glad I waited. Thanks Jim.

Last edited:

wildwolfproducts

Has anyone looked into seeing if we could add the key bob deals to ours rather then the key pad? Would think being the other part is there, it not be a big issue to have remotes to work the dead bolt. Will be looking for something to replace the key pad for sure. That or being we have not gotten to use it anyway. Just throw it away and keep using the key. But would also like Heartland fix this issue rather then hope everyone will just drop it and not have to fix the issue.
Pete