Spring Shackle Bolts

Snowbirds

We just bought a 2014 Bighorn 3585 and I've been going over everything to get familiar. One thing I noticed is that the spring shackles don't have lube points. Our previous 5'er had the wet bolt system from the factory. Does Heartland shackles not need lubrication or are they "wet" by other means??? We're looking forward to our Snowbird trip to Florida next month and would like everything tip-top. Thanks.

olcoon

If I'm not mistaken, the new rigs have "Never Fail Bushings" which require no lubrication. I installed the wet bolts on our rig 2 yrs, prior to that it had brass bushings, with no lubrication. A lot of people have installed the wet bolts, & now are going with the Never Fail bushings, which are "supposed" to be better. However there are a few comments on here where some people are having issues with them. Guess the "jury is still out" on that one.

danemayer

The Heartland website is still showing the standard Dexter EZ-Flex suspension . No mention of Lippert's never-fail bushings. The Dexter suspension includes EZ-Lube for the bearings (although some owners recommend against using EZ-Lube), but no provision for easily lubricating the bushings or shackle links.

You might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you for sure whether never-fail bushings are standard.