Standard Battery delivered with new Bighorns

Redrider007

Just picked up our 2015 Bighorn and the battery didn't have any form of identification on it. It wouldn't hold a charge enough to open the slides twice even after a full charge. Not real happy with my purchase so far. Haven't used it yet because it is sitting at the dealer getting the refrigerator replaced because of an ammonia leak, door finish peeling off, caulking redone etc...

Geodude

Our new Bighorn is now tied up at the wharf here at home. Just to follow up on this discussion, I can confirm there are in fact two G27 batteries in the trailer. Our dealer said they ensure each unit they sell that needs two batteries gets two batteries.

On a somewhat unrelated note, they also include a secondary waste valve on the end of the dump line because they know, like the rest of us, that the main valves will eventually act up, and without that additional valve at the end of the line your shoes will get, um, dirty.

Jim.Allison

It has to have a battery in order to be driven on the roadway. Otherwise the breakaway switch cannot activate the brakes. They must supply at least 1 12v automotive type battery or equivalent, "its not just a good idea its the law." The battery is part of the braking system.

Geodude

There's no law that says they have to provide it. That would be up to you or me, the owner, where required (not Ontario, oddly). That's the reason I took my old G27 battery with me to ensure I had at least one battery on the way home.

Dan50

Our new Bighorn is now tied up at the wharf here at home. Just to follow up on this discussion, I can confirm there are in fact two G27 batteries in the trailer. Our dealer said they ensure each unit they sell that needs two batteries gets two batteries.

On a somewhat unrelated note, they also include a secondary waste valve on the end of the dump line because they know, like the rest of us, that the main valves will eventually act up, and without that additional valve at the end of the line your shoes will get, um, dirty.

You must be happy to have it home.

Geodude

Dan, Shelley is super-happy, so that's the main thing. I think she wants to sell the house and live in the new trailer. :cool: I hope to start loading it up this weekend, ready for campering.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Both of our rigs came from factory with batteries and I believe they were Exide.