Stepping On UP to Heartland

Kandy

Hi All from NC:
We have just decided to purchase pre-owned 2011 LM Augusta. At $46K with only 3K miles we jumped at the deal...We are so excited to move up from our 30' Premier Ultra Lite. This our first 5th wheel and many thing to be done.
We spent two days researching weight limits on our 2011 F-250 6.7 diesel short bed X4 crew cab that I have not slept in two nights.
All the info on the internet about weight limits, axles and hitches is enough to make girl drink..,.. First, the truck was fine, then it was too small, then the transmission man said "No Problem" with air bags, etc. Well, I think we are at the limit, but I think FORD would say the truck can pull a Space Ship!!

I don't care!!!!!!!!! I love this rig. Even if I have to park it in my driveway and live in it!. We could never have afforded this jump, but it just goes to show you that there are great deals in your own backyard.

It comes with, Washer/Dryer, satellite dish and Extended Warranty til 2018.

Any suggestions will be welcomed.
Great forum and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you on the road.

Kandy

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kandy and welcome to the Heartland Family and Heartland Owners Forum.
About the only suggestions I can give are, enjoy your new Augusta, join the Heartland Owners Club, and attend as many Heartland Owner Chapter rallies as you can.
You can check out a list of upcoming rallies located on the Portal Page.
There will be more added in the future.

Peace
Dave

priorguy

Toyota tundra pulled the shuttle. Just check the pin weight and the trucks box capacity. That's always the sticking point with 5ers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Hi Kandy,

Congrats on the Augusta and welcome to the Heartland family. I see you're in NC. We have a very active chapter of the Heartland Owners Club in NC as well as surrounding states. Make a point to come to a club rally near you. You will find it SO helpful in learning even more about your Heartland RV. And of course, consider joining the club! In fact, just a couple more days to join the club as a full-member and receive the 3-year membership period. On January 1, full-membership periods go to 1-year.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland family, Kandy! Check out this website: fifthwheelst.com. It was developed by a Heartland owner, and may explain and hopefully simplify the calculations for you. You can also contact him through the website if you have specific questions. The last thing you want to do is tow unsafely.

Congrats again!

Erika

donr827

Be sure to check the tires. If only used a few miles check for dry rot and tread separation.
Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Welcome and congrads on the LM. You mentioned an extended warranty. Make sure it is tranferable to you. I would be concerned about the tires as mentioned. They could be as much as 4 years old depending on the build date of your coach. If you do replace them....go to a good "G" rated tire. I have always wondered how people "state" the mileage on a trailer....they dont have an odometer installed in them like cars. Anyway, enjoy the coach...but check things out GOOD before you go blasting off into the sunset.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Hi Kandy,

Congrats on the Augusta and welcome to the Heartland family. I see you're in NC. We have a very active chapter of the Heartland Owners Club in NC as well as surrounding states. Make a point to come to a club rally near you. You will find it SO helpful in learning even more about your Heartland RV. And of course, consider joining the club! In fact, just a couple more days to join the club as a full-member and receive the 3-year membership period. On January 1, full-membership periods go to 1-year.

Wait a minute Jim. Are you saying that when I renew my membership I can only renew for one year at a time??? Say it isn't so!!!

danemayer

Wait a minute Jim. Are you saying that when I renew my membership I can only renew for one year at a time??? Say it isn't so!!!
From the club portal:
[h=3]Membership Renewal[/h]

Full-Members may renew their membership anytime prior to the expiration of their initial 1-year membership period. Members will receive email notification of pending membership expiration, 60 and 30 days prior to actual expiration.

The renewal rates are:

• $10 - 1 Year
  • $18 - 2 Years
  • $26 - 3 Years

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Bob & Patty, we have a log of every trip we have taken with our Bighorn since 2008, and it includes the mileage too. So yes, it is possible to have the number of miles on the fifthwheel. Also included is the mileage from the dealer from where we bought it in another state. :). It really helps when you go to sell it.