Straps holding black and grey tanks...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the flat metal supports under the fresh tank only. The tank still sags slightly between the supports. The other tanks have the loose straps. We don't have room for plywood support, as some mentioned.

IMG_6554.jpg
galley grey tank, ElkRidge

(pic was with underbelly down for the removal of low-point drains and heating pads to water lines...note the Sharkbite 'L's)

porthole

Retired
This may help to visualize how the tanks are supported. The tanks have a ledge around the perimeter. That ledge sits on bars (yellow highlight)

D30_7168.JPG

Generic picture off evil bay, see the "ledge"

$(KGrHqJHJ!wE9qgSbFDtBPmGrrhtS!~~60_12.JPG

rv-waste-holding-tank-black-grey-water-ht620aed-spigot.jpg__18162.1298989544.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

Sean

I always figured the straps were to catch the tank if it slipped out of its primary mounting. Might be a regulation for waste tanks, you know Heartland isn't going to put something on that isn't necessary or required. The fresh water tank is mounted the same way but no straps and it carrys more weight more often then the waste tanks.

Hello I see you are one of the only fellow scout 14rb owners on here..we boguht from same place I think and around same tiem..My straps hang way down also. I sent you a private message I have it in for warranty now fo a much worse roof probelm I will add the straps tp the list. However for me i took it to a local dealer and he was more than happy to submit the claim.

whp4262

The tank straps on my Cyclone 3914 are loose as well just like the ones in the pictures. Doesn't seem to cause any problems and I'm not sure the straps are thick enough to do much anyway.