Suburban Furnace Problems

Buckeye

We have a Suburban Furnace that we recently replaced the “mother board”. Now the furnace motor sounds like the bearings are going bad. The motor is a Model SFV-35Q ( 5212311). Where can I find a new motor? All online suppliers indicate out of stock- maybe 4 to 6 weeks wait time. Does Heartland sell replacement motors? Thanks for the help.

jerryjay11

Heartland does not sell appliance parts, but it wouldn't hurt to call to see what they may be able to do for you. They may have a supplier that can obtain it sooner.

wdk450

What is the model number of your furnace? Where did you get the part number? There are suburban RV furnace manuals in this Forum's library under the "Tools" tab at the top of each forum page.

I searched E-Bay for "Suburban RV Furnace Motors" and got a lot of listings, but not the particular numbers you cited. I have thought that these blower motors are pretty much generic within the Suburban brand, and wonder if there are many part numbers for the same physical item.?

If you have an electrical motor repair shop, or better yet an automotive starter/alternator/generator repair shop in your area, they may have the expertise to repair your motor.

Here's a couple of you Tube videos that may help you:

danemayer

If you haven't examined the blower cage yet, you might find that's what's making the noise, rather than the motor bearings.

Buckeye

Thanks for all the replies. I have attached a photo of my furnace with the Model #. 1F9202DF-532F-4767-8C09-B6F2A1D68FB4.jpeg89277766-8FA9-44AB-89C4-0C5994CA88C4.jpeg89277766-8FA9-44AB-89C4-0C5994CA88C4.jpeg

Attachments

• 551EFED7-8E94-40AA-8859-705297ED9E20.jpeg
    551EFED7-8E94-40AA-8859-705297ED9E20.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 11

Buckeye

Thanks. This seller on eBay has a no return policy. I think I will wait until Tuesday to contact the suppliers in Elkhart. Thanks again

jerryjay11

You might look at this site They say they ship out 1 to 2 days and you could have it before the end of the month. They have 6 in stock. They also have a return policy.

Buckeye

I contacted Heartland Service and they said their supplier would not have the motor in stock for 4-6 weeks.( if then) In one short week the price went from $230 to $280. Ridiculous! The Suburban manual that came with my RV was for the wrong furnace. I ordered a new motor on Amazon for delivery next week. Hopefully it will be the right one. Thanks again for all the suggestions. Don’t know if I can install it myself or not.

Buckeye

Received and installed my new furnace motor before we came back North. Hard to believe how much quieter the new one is. Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the help.