Suburban Recall

NewHopians

Have Suburban range in our 2023 Bighorn 3215RL 5th wheel. Had a TSB for wiring not insulated behind knobs. Had this fixed and now there is a recall to have the wiring to the knob lights and the oven control light cut and capped to prevent and shorts. I had the TSB corrected within two weeks of buying the rig. Not crazy about the new fix to take away the knob lights and the oven light. This is one reason we liked this rig because of the lights that can be on when using burners and a safety feature if something got left on. How many are having this same issue on this stove situation?

roh1332

It is effecting me. I have a 2023 Torque. Go to NTSB website and look up recall. Over 10000 units effected. I use those lights as a nightlight. Seems shady to just get rid of a feature as a fix. Maybe actually fix the problem? Just a thought?

NewHopians

I agree and I have contacted suburban and they say that is the fix for now. I had the TSB done and may not do this stupid repair.

Torque Man

Kind of like buying a new car with bad tires and the fix is to just remove the tires. We got the same recall, screw it, I'll take my chances.

NewHopians

The stove still is the worst one we have ever had in a rig. The pilot goes out when set at 300 to warm anything then relight pilot and burner at 400 degrees it stays on. Don’t get me started on the Insignia Residential refrigerator from Best Buy Heartland put in the new rigs.

We have the Big Horn 3215RL as well and received the same recall notice on the Suburban gas range. Totally agree that this is a bogus way of resolving the known light issue. If this cannot be corrected as a service matter then the range should be replaced under warranty.
The annoying problem is the oven temperature is never reached fully. Sett at 400 and reaches 325-350 and then stops heating, will not go to the set temperature.
Of course had it checked and the service tech stated that it reached temperature in 10-15 minutes. What a crock.
Anyone else experience this problem and find a resolution fix?
RVers unite and boycott all RV manufacturers until they meet warranty issues properly and provide the services needed.

Torque Man

Forget the numbers on the knob. We put an oven thermometer in the oven and go by that. The knob numbers are off by about 30 degs. We love or T295, but the oven is a piece of crap. We called Suburban and got the run around. Just disconnecting the lights was their only solution.

NewHopians

We need to go to the NHTSA National Highway Traffic Safety Board too with as many complaints about this Suburban Range as possible and demand a recall and replacemen.

NewHopians

We have the Big Horn 3215RL as well and received the same recall notice on the Suburban gas range. Totally agree that this is a bogus way of resolving the known light issue. If this cannot be corrected as a service matter then the range should be replaced under warranty.
The annoying problem is the oven temperature is never reached fully. Sett at 400 and reaches 325-350 and then stops heating, will not go to the set temperature.
Of course had it checked and the service tech stated that it reached temperature in 10-15 minutes. What a crock.
Anyone else experience this problem and find a resolution fix?
RVers unite and boycott all RV manufacturers until they meet warranty issues properly and provide the services needed.
Going file a complaint with the NHTSA on this range. New problem with our 3215RL. First time out boondocking and the inverter GFCI trips which kills power to the inverter plugs. One of which goes to the plug for the residential refrigerator. Have you had this issu.