Suggestions on good campgrounds in IN

shevy

We have been swamped with brochures and info on “the Best” campgrounds in IN but somewhat skeptical so any suggestions on the best place to go for our first excursion?

Kbvols

We have been swamped with brochures and info on “the Best” campgrounds in IN but somewhat skeptical so any suggestions on the best place to go for our first excursion?

HI Shevy,

Choosing campgrounds can be a challenge at times. You are correct about brochures the photos understandingly show the best of the campgrounds. When we look for campgrounds the main consideration is obviously the area we want to go to and the activities in the area. We tend to stay at more privately owned vs state parks.
There are some great apps available that have user reviews that can provide insight on how good a park is. Park adviser is one of my favorite apps that I use.

Few suggestions: Brown County State park is nice and there are several activities in the area. Tall Timbers KOA on the west side of Dayton OH is a great park with activities for kids , nice pool and well maintained park. While I have never been I have heard Potato Creek state park near Plymouth is an awesome place. Shipshewana south campground is a nice campground with a lot to do in the area.

Hopefully helps some. Hope your first excursion is awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sniper

We have stayed at the Terre Haute KOA which we really liked and we've stayed at Brookville Lake - Whitewater State Park in Liberty Indiana that we liked as well. You may want to check out RV Park Reviews for reviews on campgrounds http://www.rvparkreviews.com we have used the site and found it to be helpful.

Safe travels. :)

sengli

Hello fellow Hoosier. We mostly camp in state. Kinda depends on what you need in a campsite. We do a a lot of state parks, and have some favorites for sure like phrophets town, Dunes lakeshore for sure potatoe creek. There are others, but I am pretty picky when it comes to site size with my big horn.

Hi Shevy,

I usually stay at Elkhart campgrounds. It is a very nice campground with a lot of things to do nearby i.e., Walmart, Menards, and places to eat. You can visit the RV museum, schedule a tour at the HeartLand factory, visit Shipshewana Flea Market and try out the Amish restaurants. In the warmer months you can take the South Bend train into downtown Chicago and visit the many sites there if you choose.

Happy Trails & Safe Travels

david-steph2018

We are members of 1000 trails and have stayed at some parks in In. These are Batesville (Indian Lakes), Terra Haute (Horseshoe Lakes), and Howe (Twin Mills). All are nice but we really liked Twin Mills. But with our new camper (Road Warrior 427) don't know if we can get into Twin Mills. I know we can't get the same site as with our smaller camper. But I would go back to all 3 campgrounds and we probably will here soon