Suggestions on Where to Stay Near Dallas

Jim_Hull

I am looking to go to the Dallas area in mid-March and am wondering if anyone can suggest a good RV Park in the area. I am pulling a 43 foot Big Country, so I need somewhere that is big rig friendly. Any help would be appreciated.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am looking to go to the Dallas area in mid-March and am wondering if anyone can suggest a good RV Park in the area. I am pulling a 43 foot Big Country, so I need somewhere that is big rig friendly. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim, where are you going in Dallas? What direction will you be coming from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Dallas area is large metroplex, what area of Dallas would you like to near? What attactation or event would you like to be near?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When we visit the girls in Garland and mesquite we stay at Bluebonnet Ridge in Terrell. It's pretty nice and reasonable.

Resiemon

Shady creek in aubrey is nice

R E Siemon 2015 BH 3875 F B with and 2015 F250 Diesel, 4WD, Firestone air bags

Jim_Hull

Thanks for all of the suggestions. We want to see some of the sites in downtown Dallas, and our daughter is going with us. She is trying to set up a meeting with someone on the Dallas PD to get some information on employment opportunities. She is graduating with a Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice and thinks she would like to try to get on the Dallas PD. We would also like to use this location as a staging area for day trips to the Tyler area, into the Hill Country, and anything else that strikes our fancy in the area. We will be coming in on I-30 from Texarkana.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, I would certainly recommend Bluebonnet Ridge in Terrell. It is on I-20, not I-30, but easy to get to from that direction. You could take State Hwy 34 from Greenville, Tx south to Terrell to I-20, then it's just a couple exits east on I-20.

We used to live in Terrell, it's about 35 miles from the heart of downtown Dallas. That might take an hour to get there with traffic, just so you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk