Sundance 3000MK

EddJ

We purchased a new 3000MK last August and while we are generally quite happy with the design and layout we do have an issue with the low overhead in the bedroom, i.e. banging our heads when getting out of bed. Has anyone had the same experience? Any thoughts on how to raise or eliminate the overhead?

Ron-Cookie

We also purchased a 3000MK last July (2013 model) and have been happy with the design and layout... We have not banged our heads getting out of bed (knock on wood) but then Cookie is 5'3"" and I am 6'0"... Do you have a stock mattress? We have been thinking about buying a Sleep Number bed to replace the mattress that came with the 5th wheel.. Now I wonder if we should ( I don't want to bang our heads if the Sleep Number bed is thicker and therefore higher)... It sounds like it is the cabinets over the bed that may be the problem.... Maybe you could slide he mattress down a couple inches so you clear the cabinets when rising in the morning... Sorry you are having a problem... Can't say that we are...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
edd3, a Sundance is a mid-profile coach. They have less headroom than a full-profile coach such as a Big Country, Big Horn and Landmark. No, there is nothing you can remove to make more headroom.

BobX2

Haha, so it's not just me. I have spent four nights in ours, and have hit my head twice when laying down. I'm hoping if I hit it hard enough a few more times, maybe I will learn and remember to pay attention when I lay down. The whole old dog, new tricks thing has me doubting, but it could happen. :)

ncc1701e

We have a 2013 Sundance 3310CL and did replace the mattress with a sleep number with no regrets. GO FOR IT.