Sundance 3100es

Jpsr

I bought a 2011 sundance 3100es about 1 1/2 yr ago, I have been RVing most of my life. {I am 73} Last RV i had was a Mobile Scout had it for 13 yr very little problems, had several before that Nomad,etc I have already had the Sundance to the shop more often then and one i ever owned. From what I read on here the problems I an having everyone else is having or had. My question is do all Heartland have design flaws??? as this is my first. List so far==landing gear wouldn't come up twice, had to have it welded. Can't fill fresh water tank unless I first blow air outlet. Kitchen slide it peeling off veneer on under side whenever we put the slide out or in. don't have the time or space to list everything. Is this common with Heartland-sundance??????????????? or did I get a lemon????

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There have been many changes and improvements over the past four years since yours was built.
Two things that you have mentioned are easily corrected.
The fresh water vent lines most likely has some sag in it collecting water which will impede the venting process.
You might be able to remove some of the underbelly material and see the problem. You may also be able to remove any excess vent tube.
As for the pealing under the slide, if your slide has rollers, you can add some "runners" made from some thin galvanized sheet metal. Attached using caulk and small screws.
No matter what kind of system you have it will be important to seal the wood with paint or some other type of sealer. A layer of epoxy might work.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Difficulty with the fresh tank fill is pretty common across the products that have the fill tube in the UDC. It's a long run to the fresh tank and any sag in the tube can lead to what you're describing. The 4-way Anderson valve was introduced in 2012 (I think) and got rid of the gravity fill tube on some models.

You might want to drop the coroplast underbelly and take a look at how the fill tube is routed. Some people have fixed sag problems with wire ties or by repositioning the tube. Others have worked around it by inserting a fill hose inside the tube. On our Landmark, I added a tee into the supply line so I can add water under pressure (but I meter how much water I'm adding to prevent overfill damage).

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You say you bought the Sundance 1 1/2 years ago. Was it new or used? A 2011 was probably built in 2010...thats 4 years ago. The "landing gear welded" has me a little puzzled....what was welded and why? For the 8 years I have been on the forum, I have never heard of one breaking off the frame. Were these things fix under warranty?

Jpsr

You say you bought the Sundance 1 1/2 years ago. Was it new or used? A 2011 was probably built in 2010...thats 4 years ago. The "landing gear welded" has me a little puzzled....what was welded and why? For the 8 years I have been on the forum, I have never heard of one breaking off the frame. Were these things fix under warranty?

Thanks, for getting back to me. The Landing arm problem started as soon as I bought the pin kept snapping off so they put a bolt through it that lasted about six months, till i put landing gear down and the one foot wouldnt come back up so took off the arm and noticed the bolt broke through the rod so turned it with vise grips till i got it up then took it to nearest shop and he welded a piece on it and put a bolt through it. It is now stronger then it was when it came from the factory. I have never had so many problems in such a short time with my Rigs, but never had a Heartland product before. I guess they put them together then sell them and the buyer finds a way to fix it. sorry had to vent.

Jpsr

Difficulty with the fresh tank fill is pretty common across the products that have the fill tube in the UDC. It's a long run to the fresh tank and any sag in the tube can lead to what you're describing. The 4-way Anderson valve was introduced in 2012 (I think) and got rid of the gravity fill tube on some models.

You might want to drop the coroplast underbelly and take a look at how the fill tube is routed. Some people have fixed sag problems with wire ties or by repositioning the tube. Others have worked around it by inserting a fill hose inside the tube. On our Landmark, I added a tee into the supply line so I can add water under pressure (but I meter how much water I'm adding to prevent overfill damage).

I have never had a problem with any gravity flow tube till I bought this Sundance so didn't know what to do at first even after asking camper buddies but i did figure it out, It must be another Heartland problem. These Rigs do keep you young.

Jpsr

On the slide floor The Logical thing would have been for Heartland to find what is causing it and correct it not have the buyer find a fix for them!! sorry had to get rid of some steam. thank you for your help.