Sundance - Access for shower valve replacement, FOUND IT!

Due to leaks in this valve, I wish to replace mine on my 2008 Sundance 2900RK. However, there is no access hole in the shower fibreglass unit . Look as I might, I cannot find access to this valve since I have to access the rear of the fibreglass to loosen the mounting nuts and water lines. Can you tell me how to access this item for replacement other than to cut an access hold myself? I cannot believe that the factory would not account for this . The storage area panels can be removed but even still the access would be very difficult if not impossible.

Thanks for any help. I can send photos if necessary.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: ATF: Sundance - Access for shower valve replacement

Scott, I wish I could help but not knowing the layout of your rig, I'd be guessing. I thought all of the fiberglass showers had an access port under the fixture.

Ray, thanks for the note. There is no access plate or hole in my shower. It abuts the outside wall of the rig on one side and the entertainment area on the other. No access holes anywhere I can see. If I try to access it from the belly storage area, it is simply up too high even if I could get my hand in there.

Scott

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Ray, thanks for the note. There is no access plate or hole in my shower. It abuts the outside wall of the rig on one side and the entertainment area on the other. No access holes anywhere I can see. If I try to access it from the belly storage area, it is simply up too high even if I could get my hand in there.

Scott

Scott, in our shower, we don't have an access port either, but I noticed the shower fixture is mounted to a plate that is screwed to the enclosure. We haven't needed to try it, but I figure removing the 4 screws that hold the plate on would lend itself to access behind the shower to the plumbing. Just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray LeTourneau

Scott, possibly, the rear wall of the entertainment center is removable? Worse case scenario if room permits, cut a clean square section out of the back wall and keep the removed section to make an access panel for the future. Hopefully it won't come to that. Let us know what you end up doing though.

sjs731

Scott, in my 3300CK I have a corner shower and I believe the 4 screws around the panel that the faucet is on are for access as previous poster mentioned.
Ray, I never checked to see if rear wall of entertainment center was removable. My guess is it wasn't because it was mostly blocking for putting my TV there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

Netem

Scott, on my 08 Sundance 2900 MK I have a square piece of panneling about 6x6 tacked to the wall under the entertainment center to access the shower controls. Its not very noticeable.

Ray,

thanks for the reply. Success! Found the access panel in corner of back wall of entertainment unit. Couln't see it well before. Old unit is out and will put new one in soon. Many thanks!!

Neil,

Many thanks for the help. Once I read your post I dashed out and sure enough there it was in the upper left corner of the shelf that holds the dvd player! It blended in so well I couldn't see it. Old one is our and new one in soon. Thanks-this forum idea is a great help to those who need it! Scott

Ray LeTourneau

Ray,

thanks for the reply. Success! Found the access panel in corner of back wall of entertainment unit. Couln't see it well before. Old unit is out and will put new one in soon. Many thanks!!
Scott, Glad to be able to help out. Now others that may need to know in the future have something to go by.