Supersprngs or Airbags?????

rjr6150

Looking for opinions on advantages of both other than cost. Going to put one or the other on our TV this spring and while talking with our installer who is also a close friend mentioned to consider the Supersprings as he has had great results on previous installs.

jnbhobe

I have had both and prefer the air bags. All I have ever needed to do was to level the rig. If you need more suspension then I would add multi-leaf helpers.

emm4273610re

I use air bags to just level our truck whether towing or a trip to the gravel yard. I have the on board compressor so I can adjust as needed. Let out the air when we get to the camp ground and then inflate when time to come home. Already know I'll put them in our next truck when we decide to get one.

Rddocatt

I have the air bags which go up to 100 lbs psi. I also have the Helwig progressive springs. I love them both. The reason is I also tow a boat when the Elkridge is not on the back. I can adjust the airbags and the springs kick in when needed. I would get both if I were you.
Rick

Garypowell

Put air bags on prior to this trip about 5 weeks ago. Love them. We did not need level so much but were looking to smooth out the ride. I was prepared to go to the next step, whatever that might be, but so pleased with step one I think I am done.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I don't know anything about Super Springs. But my opinion is always run with After Market overload springs over air bags. AM Springs setup correctly will have zero ill effect on a empty pickup's ride.

What I don't like about bags is a few things. Air bags reduce the weight from the springs. As the bags will be supporting all of the weight that the springs can't handle. Along with that if you raise the the rear above the empty height you'll end up removing a tremendous amount of weight from those springs.

All of the pickup's stability is transferred through the leaf springs. Air bags mounting location over the axle is a narrow making for a see-saw effect if the bags reduce to much weight off of the springs.

Weight in the trailers don't vary much in a RV. Even if the weight varied a couple thousands lbs you wouldn't have to adjust the after market over load springs once they are set. If you had multiple RV's then you might run into a adjusting issue as each trailer might (doubtful) need different adjustment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

caissiel

I totally agree with the previous comment.
I added 2 more plies on my truck to lift the plies off the bottom overloads and it drives great loaded or unloaded.
The top helper or overload bearly touches so still works when required.
I use to have only one ply and it rode on the bottom overloads and the ride loaded was real rough like a buckboard.

I have 6 plies and its great. I always see the spring shop to tune the truck to the load. They told me I needed to protect the main ply so I did.

My friend drove in this summer and told me his F350 was all over the road and I noticed 2 broken main ply, one on each side. He had just return home with a 2 ton metal lath in the box. So they do break and never know when.
Fords are designed for soft ride and they need more for load.
My GM was great with nothing added.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk