Surge Protection in BH 301RE

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Mine is mounted behind my distrbution box which on the 3585RL is at the top of the entry stairs right below the entry closet when you come into the coach. It was a very tight fit, but I was able to get it in and secured to one of the wooden supports already in the area.

Where did you mount yours Rod?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
An installed unit can not be stolen. That is the big difference. The convenience of having the digital display inside the coach is another difference.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The progressive industries hardwired units can be serviced without having to mail it in. Progressive techs can send necessary part and instructions for repairs.

Garypowell

Hey kid. I do have a 3010. My procedure is farther up in thread. I could not figure a way to get to the power panel from the basement. It seemed impossible to me but a dealership might know some tricks. I think many who have responded "just put it in the basement" don't have our model.

About my procedure and going in through the bottom.......

I have cut into most all of my under bellies. Once I am done I put a small piece of wood on top of the corrugated plastic and run a screw into it holding the wood through the hole. Then another screw into the wood holding the wood again. Then once all the cutouts but one are screwed down then one last screw to button up the last piece of plastic. As you can tell I normally make multiple cuts.

There are slits left open but there are so many intrusion points in the underbelly it does not bother me.

If I ever need to go back in.....I simply remove the screws.

Gary

Phatkd

I ordered a Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C with the remote monitor today from rvupgradestore.com today. I paid $333 plus shipping. It was the best price I could find and I even checked eBay.

I hope I made a good choice...Pretty
expensive

Kris

Phatkd

Hey kid. I do have a 3010. My procedure is farther up in thread. I could not figure a way to get to the power panel from the basement. It seemed impossible to me but a dealership might know some tricks. I think many who have responded "just put it in the basement" don't have our model.

About my procedure and going in through the bottom.......

I have cut into most all of my under bellies. Once I am done I put a small piece of wood on top of the corrugated plastic and run a screw into it holding the wood through the hole. Then another screw into the wood holding the wood again. Then once all the cutouts but one are screwed down then one last screw to button up the last piece of plastic. As you can tell I normally make multiple cuts.

There are slits left open but there are so many intrusion points in the underbelly it does not bother me.

If I ever need to go back in.....I simply remove the screws.

Gary

My wife and I are freaked out about mice getting in our rig,..so I don't really want to start giving them extra places to get in. I have even thought about taking all the corrugated stuff down and putting 1/4" puck board in place and totally sealing it..but that might be a little spendy.

Garypowell

I understand. You might consider using a can or two of foam sealer. This would be a less expensive approach. HL does this at some places where the bottom fit is not that good.

Gary