surround sound

Bill-K

Have a 2011 Sundance 2900 MK. Is there a way to connect the surround sound for normal tv viewing?
Bill
Redding, CA

jimtoo

Re: suround sound

Hi Bill-K,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You should be able to hookup the output from the tv to the aux input of the surround system. Then you will need to change the source on the surround sound to locate the tv sound.

I'm sure some of the others members will jump in with better instructions.

Enjoy the forum and your Sundance.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Unfortunately no - not that we have found without modifying the system. We went and bought a Panasonic Blue Ray home entertainment system, got the wires from behind the Jensen system routing them thru the entertainment system and wa-la, sound thru the speakers. Didn't like the sound thru the factory speaker and changed a couple of them out with the blue ray speakers. Sounds better but not as good as at home.

hoefler

Hi Bill-K,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You should be able to hookup the output from the tv to the aux input of the surround system. Then you will need to change the source on the surround sound to locate the tv sound.

I'm sure some of the others members will jump in with better instructions.

Enjoy the forum and your Sundance.

Jim M

Look on the back of the TV, if you have audio out RCA jacks, yes you can. Just like Jim said above, run RCA cables from the TV to the surround sound system audio in aux. Then select aux on surround sound system and enjoy. Wife hate it when I watch the race on the week end when we travel.:D:D

CliffP

We ran a cable that has a headphone jack on one end and rca type connectors on the other end from the headphone jack on the television to the Aux in on the stereo. (unplug from the TV if we want the TV speakers on). Only way to get TV sound out of stereo speakers including outside speakers with the factory equipment we have. It's not true surround just stereo.

Hey Bill K I know this is an old thread but, I just picked up the trailer in my sig 3 days ago and I found that on the back of my jensen built in unit there are rca pre-outs labeled for aux and on the back of my tv there are rca's labeled audio out and by connecting these it is effectively surround sound now through my speakers.