Swaping unwanted items

Princess Kathleen

Hi
DH came up with an idea for the rally as we were going through our stuff in the Grand Canyon...inside and in the basement (a little straightening and cleaning) and found stuff we have not used since we packed in May. :eek:
I said lets donate it to a local chariety....but he said we should do an exchange at the rally by putting all our "white elephants" on a table and pick up something someone else has brought. :D
So what do you think???????

PK

Tom of Ypsi

Hi Princess Kathleen,

I think that is a good idea. I do believe the Escapees (SKP) club does the same thing at their member parks. This might benefit fulltimers more as they inventory more often than a weekend or seasonal camper, at least in my case. On the more expensive items one could put a small price on it just to recoup some of the cost.

jpmorgan37

PK had a great idea but it has sorta been dormant since she brought it up last December. Now that we are getting close to Rally time, is this something that we could do? If there are items that are left over, maybe gather them and take to Goodwill or some other worthy cause. Let's see if there is any interest.

John

arisce

Great idea. I will have some items to swap. Even if people want an item but have nothing to swap that is cool too. I think the point is to help each other. Besides it should be lots of fun. A place to meet and parlez. Count us in. See you all at the rally.
P.S. Good point to revive this suggestion. We should revive rally suggestions because people tend to forget, as was the case for us with the swap. Out of sight-out of mind.

cjbearden

Visitor
We plan to have a few things to swap plus I have some sterling silver jewelry I no longer wear that I was thinking of putting out priced at low yard sale prices. I have various items that can be used either in card making or for scrapbooking. Sounds like it will be fun!

Jimmyt5

I have been to SOB rally a few times and they just put it up and it was auctioned and the money went to a charity. Of course it helped that the president of the company was also an auctioneer. lol.......An other thing was people put stuff in a bag and closed it and the did the same with it...

jbeletti

I like it. We'll have to work on this. I need a volunteer to step forward to manage this. Someone who will keep the table organized, who will determine how this will all work (trade, sell, donate, charity or not etc.).

If it can be retrieved, I will donate my 2 year old Bed Saver (~$175 new). I traded in my hitch last week at Dan's Service in Elkhart and got the Curt Q5 and I forgot :eek: to remove the Bed Saver. I called them today - sounds like it can be rescued. Anyway, Bed Savers are awesome and cheap insurance too. They just don't fit on the Curt Q5. Guess I'll have to be careful None

bedsaver.jpg