Switched From Timbrens To Air Lifts

IronJ

Yeah my manual says kit 88396...but diff mh-#

Their web pdf shows the same page 29 in your mh-824 manual as mine?.....i dont have a print copy...

Who knows...i do know they recommend 5psi if you ever lift truck for service by the frame...

I got this set of bags back in july of 2015 ...but i have exact same ones on my srw and its same manual??

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

mlpeloquin

From the Air Lift web site that I originally posted:

[h=2]Exclusive Jounce Bumper Inside Makes The Difference[/h] Our closed-cell urethane foam provides a cushion of air that absorbs shocks and protects vehicles with heavy loads.

• Eliminates harsh jarring on rough roads
  • Maintenance-free! Safely run with zero air pressure
  • Replaces factory jounce bumper
  • Provides three-stage ride comfort

BigGuy82

Yeah my manual says kit 88396...but diff mh-#

Their web pdf shows the same page 29 in your mh-824 manual as mine?.....i dont have a print copy...

Who knows...i do know they recommend 5psi if you ever lift truck for service by the frame...

I got this set of bags back in july of 2015 ...but i have exact same ones on my srw and its same manual??

OK - here is the "official" answers from Air Lift (or at least the "official" answers from the tech support person I talked to):

Question: Can I run at 0 or do i need to run PSI?
Answer: We recommend 5 PSI
Question: Well the manual says 5 and your advertising says 0. Why?
Answer: You can run at 0 but you'll feel road more because of the jounce stops. Also, 5 PSI helps smooth the ride and maintain the shape of the bag.
Question: Will running at 0 shorten the life of the product
Answer: No but 5 PSI maintains the shape of the bag

Result? I'll run them at 5 PSI. I still think they should change their advertising, but hey, it's not my company ...

IronJ

I had a similar experience when i talked to their senior tech couple years ago..

I will add that he mentioned the following

1. 5psi is necessary for lifting the vehicle

2. 0psi is significant because most people end up not checking pressure and letting bags leak down and running >5psi.

3. Without the stock bumper the only limiting factor is the bag on axle compression. So minimum pressure was necessary to protect the bag from over compressing

I dont know either...but they are lifetime warrantied so im not worried either..

My srw rides better at 5-8 psi ...
.my dually better at 0 psi...at 5 its very harsh unloaded (heck it was prettty harsh before the bags!!lol)

None the less i was told same thing. 5 is what they "generally " recommend(but for ride quality and lifting vehicle reasons)....zero will hurt absolutely nothing.....

Their instructions are kinda ambiguous...but in the end it really dont matter...run em where it rides best and enjoy....it is a great product/company!!

Gary521

I have the Wireless One compressor and controller. This system will not let you go below 5psi, even if you wanted to. ( I guess unless you turn it off somehow and manually let air out ) This 5psi limit is fine with me.