switching from 12V Deep Cycle to 6V T-105 Trojan. Question RE: Battery Boxs

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
All,

I understand the benefits of going with dual or quad 6V over single or dual 12V Deep Cycle. But I have a question regarding installation. I can find some Battery Boxes on line that say they will hold two T-105 but they seem larger than needed based on the size of the actually battery. Also I can not seem to find a good solution for a Quad T-105 install.

I have a 2010 Cyclone 3010 - that currently has one 12V and I need to replace it - I am on the fence on 2 or 4 T-105 so What I was thinking was buy and install a box that will handle 4 T-105 and initially install only two filling in the remaining space with some filler to insure there is no movement of the two T-105s. This sets me up for adding the second pair if I decide I really could use them.

Any recommendations on Battery Boxes for this proposed solution - that will fit in the Allocated Space of a 3010?

Thanks

Kevin

ccupton

Kevin,
I installed two 6 volt aeg gel mat lifeline battery's in my rig. With these battery's you don't need to vent them because they are sealed units. So no need for the boxes. They are a little pricey but are great battery's. I paid $ 560.00 for the pair. They have a great warranty also.

porthole

Retired
Kevin, I'm guessing the oversize box you found is white with a blue cap?
that is the one I am currently using. There is a company in Canada that makes a poly box that will hold 4 batteries. And it will fit but I think the hydraulic pump needs to be moved in order I get the box in. Don't remember if you have the genny to deal with like I do.

I made up a lift sling and small block and tackle to get the batteries in and out. Just to darn heavy bending over to easily install.

I'll demo at Copake if you like.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Duane,

Ya that is the vendor and the only vendor I have found. are you running 4 6V batteries? I'd love to see how you set it up and got them in there.

Are you going to be in Hershey this week? are you camping or commuting?

Kevin

porthole

Retired
Two 6 volts currently, with the plan to add 2 more.

Will try for Hershey. We are still in New Hampshire and will be until probably Wednesday morning. I have a blower problem with the truck that is getting fixed Tuesday afternon in Laconia
Commuting if we get there.