Tank #1 vs Tank #2 in a Big Country 3450 (2010)

Seb

Hi Guy's could someone confirm to me what is the Kitchen (galey) Tank and the Bathroom/shower Tank on a BC 3450.
tx
Seb

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Re: Tank #1 vs Tank #2 in a Bigcountry 3450 (2010)

I will look when I get home from work if I don't see an answer posted before that!

Seb

Tx SJH, the other way is i would fill up some water in the kitchen sink while all my tanks are empty and and pull the valve handle 1 then 2 and see witch one empties..

BC1of38

On my 2012 3450ts, tank one is my galley (at least that is what the label says, and we all know how accurate the coax labels are!)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

You could add water to both tanks, if they're not already in use, and add some food coloring to one (via either the bathroom or kitchen sink). Put a clear adapter on the sewer connection. Pull one handle, then close and repeat for the other handle, and when you see the color, you'll know for sure.

I don't know about BC's, but on my BH, Gray 1 is the bathroom, Gray 2 is the galley.

Jimmy

Normally Gray tank # 1 is Bath sink and shower, Gray tank # 2 is Kitchen....

BC1of38

Normally Gray tank # 1 is Bath sink and shower, Gray tank # 2 is Kitchen....

Hee hee. Like I said. Accurate coax labeling!

Maybe I need to change the order I drop the tanks in.....

AK92CQ

We just got back from our first trip on our new Greystone. After the fourth day there our shower backed up and when I went to drain it the valve wouldn't work. After tinkering with it for a couple of hours I finally had to call customer service. I was instructed to pull the belly pan down far enough to see if the valve was indeed working. Long story short after 5 hours of taking screws out, LP gas lines down and checking valves we finally determined that all of the valves were labeled wrong! DUH!!!! At least feeling like an idiot doesn't last very long.

caissiel

On Our trailer the front tank is no1 and the rear tank is no2. You can smell the galley one compared to the shower one.

Lovetocamp

We just got back from our first trip on our new Greystone. After the fourth day there our shower backed up and when I went to drain it the valve wouldn't work. After tinkering with it for a couple of hours I finally had to call customer service. I was instructed to pull the belly pan down far enough to see if the valve was indeed working. Long story short after 5 hours of taking screws out, LP gas lines down and checking valves we finally determined that all of the valves were labeled wrong! DUH!!!! At least feeling like an idiot doesn't last very long.

I had that same experience (of sorts) with our first Heartland trailer. We owned a North Trail 32QBSS and it only had 2 tanks (1 black and 1 grey). The labeling was completely wrong on that one. Went to empty what I thought was the black tank first and ended emptying my grey tank not knowing.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Went to empty what I thought was the black tank first and ended emptying my grey tank not knowing.
Another good reason to have a clear plastic elbow on the drain. This and knowing when the black tank is clean.

Peace
Dave