The "Mythical Non Barking Dog"

Sniper

So once again I sit trying to enjoy my morning coffee here in this nice campground. The aroma of the coffee is amazing. The scent of the fresh air from the over night rain brings a relaxing and fond memory then, as is far to often the case, my relaxation is interrupted by the "Mythical Non Barking Dog"! It's incessant yapping has me on the verge of popping a fuse! It's owner (who swears his dog never barks) has once again seen fit to bring an animal who "we would NEVER dream of boarding our pet while we went on vacation" and left it alone in an rv for next 8 hours while they sight-see. Annoying is an understatement! Did I mention it's a yapper?!? AAARRRGGGHHH!

Safe Travels everyone :)

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
His dog never barks when they are home, only when away. It is something we are concerned with and are trying to train ours to avoid those situations.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Can you video record it from where you sit, focused on his rig? So he can hear/see you are in your site, and can hear it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farside291

As owners of two Chihuahuas, believe me I know, that they know their dog barks. Barky dogs always bark, even when the owner is around.
Also, you can ask the owners to close the shades and turn on TV with the volume up. We put on cartoons and close the shades, seems to work for us.

tessa

I would let the campground management deal with it- you are not the only ones who are hearing this.

Sniper

I would let the campground management deal with it- you are not the only ones who are hearing this.
I did that about the first 20 annoying mythical non barking dogs (after speaking with their owners) with out much luck. So now I know there is a 99% chance that there will be at least one of these mythical beast where ever we may go. I'll usually say something only to the owner (to which the usual reply is: "my dog NEVER barks" even if the dog is barking while we are talking) :) Only one time was I truly insistent with management and that was because I was worried about the dog. It was hot and the ac was not on and that poor dog was wailing!

Oh well, we are still having a great time! ;)

SNOKING

Heavy barking is known in some cases to trip the circuit breaker to the site. Just kidding!!!!!

Sniper

Heavy barking is known in some cases to trip the circuit breaker to the site. Just kidding!!!!!
While I have zero knowledge of heavy barking = tripped breaker, I may have knowledge of it to = early morning straight pipe check. Just kidding!!:cool:

Mattman

Worse yet, to much barking makes there neutral come loose at the pedistal. So if you have a dog, make sure you have full power protection. But it takes a lot of barking to cause that.

HornedToad

The "Mythical Non Barking Dog"

I have a "Mythical Non Barking Dog"...

My deaf "Little White Dog" does not bark,
she growls & whines, but does not bark!!!

Last edited: