The Ultimate Self Defense Weapon for the RV and Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
My idea would get the bear and train it to do the job, also use the really big litter box! What do ya think?????

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
yes the TAZER really knocks the snot out of you (I also rode that monster) but attaching it to a bad guy is not as easy as you might think. Grab the wrist and turn it, well now you are going to get the volts. Also ever felt the spark plug shock..............wet your pants right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
pepper spray has zero affect on a person on PCP or Meth.................note to self!!!!! USE GUN AT THIS TIME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
The bad thing about a tazer is that if the bad guy has a weapon; bat, tire iron, knife, gun, etc, you have to get close.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
As a Taser Instructor I know how the Taser works (or might not). But in the hands of the properly trained it is an excellent non-lethal alternative. Center Mass put the dot where it is supposed to go and it will put you on the ground. Keep them there until the Calvary arrives that is if you can't, don't or won't use lethal force.

steiny93

The issue I have with non lethal is the usage.

For instance; if you've committed to non lethal and a situation arrises where the other dude is using lethal you are likely screwed. (spray/taser vs. gun for example)
But if you have lethal and non lethal available (lets say on your person) and you opt for non lethal they haven't you exposed yourself to civil suits as by going non lethal you've already demonstrated that you viewed the risk in a less this high category?

Additionally the deterant with non lethal is questionable in my mind.
For example: if I'm at camp with my wife/daughter and 3 dudes with bats appear and they rush in. I pull out a gun and shoot the first 1; what do you think the other 2 are thinking (my guess is they are thinking; the bats were the wrong choice). Vs. if I whip out a taser and zap the first; my bet is the other two continue as the penalty for getting zapped isn't life altering.

"I get" the concept of non lethal; but in my world I'm not following when it would be applicable.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And how good is the Taser against multiple attackers? While Dummy #1 is writhing on the ground, what defense do you have against Dummies #2 and #3?

jmgratz

And how good is the Taser against multiple attackers? While Dummy #1 is writhing on the ground, what defense do you have against Dummies #2 and #3?

The Taser does have a contact stun also that can be used at the same time the probes are deployed. I will say if you are being overwhelmed by multiple attackers it most probably would be the time to escalate the use of force to a deadly force level.

bayhawk2

Ok.Newbie here.Small Travel trailer,so my weapon of choice may sound
kind of weak.As I've responded on another similar thread?I stay in a
lot of RV parks where RV's..well..they're evrywhere around me.A large caliber
weapon,in my opinion,will go through many walls of RV's.So a missed
shot at an intruder could kill Mr. Smith and his lovely wife Ethel,3 RV's down the road.
Wouldn't want to do that.Just had burgers on the pit with them last night...:)..
I have many weapons to choose from in my arsonal.For the RV?I sometimes
keep a 9mm in a handy location.Ruger LC9.That is my favorite CCW. However,
my favorite for the Travel trailer?My JUDGE.Federal Handgun .410 ga. 000 buckshot.
Awesome short range power with that load.Tight group.Featured gun and load
on "The Best Defense"t.v. show.Bad to the bone out to about 12-15 yards then breaks
up rapidly.Ideal for RV use.Mine has a laser sight and it is
my weapon of choice.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
laser sights for a 15 yard shot???

Depends on the iron sights on the weapon and how well you can see them in the dark (and your personal visual acuity). I've got a Keltec P-11 with white dot sights that are easy to see in low light, if I have my glasses on. My Ruger LCP sights aren't worth the metal they're made of, so I put a Crimson Trace on it. Considering a laser for the P-11, too. If nothing else, that red dot on some buttheads center mass might give them pause.

I wouldn't be shooting at 15 yards, anyways. That is at the limits for normal "self-defense" range and could get into criminal charges for the shooter.

bayhawk2

laser sights for a 15 yard shot???

Not even 15 yards.It would probably be more like
15 feet.Just sayin it holds a good pattern up to about 12 yards.
Laser sight?In dark places a laser is great.Where you can't
make out your iron sights.Shine one
around inside your RV,you'll see what I mean.After
all,a laser sight is for that purpose.Just sayin.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Ok.Newbie here.Small Travel trailer,so my weapon of choice may sound
kind of weak.As I've responded on another similar thread?I stay in a
lot of RV parks where RV's..well..they're evrywhere around me.A large caliber
weapon,in my opinion,will go through many walls of RV's.So a missed
shot at an intruder could kill Mr. Smith and his lovely wife Ethel,3 RV's down the road.
Wouldn't want to do that.Just had burgers on the pit with them last night...:)..
I have many weapons to choose from in my arsonal.For the RV?I sometimes
keep a 9mm in a handy location.Ruger LC9.That is my favorite CCW. However,
my favorite for the Travel trailer?My JUDGE.Federal Handgun .410 ga. 000 buckshot.
Awesome short range power with that load.Tight group.Featured gun and load
on "The Best Defense"t.v. show.Bad to the bone out to about 12-15 yards then breaks
up rapidly.Ideal for RV use.Mine has a laser sight and it is
my weapon of choice.

I've spoke of this before. A miss shot in a RV park could be very bad.

jmgratz

I've spoke of this before. A miss shot in a RV park could be very bad.

A missed shot anywhere could be very bad. That is why you need to practice practice practice and don't take the shot unless you a positive you can make it.

doxiecouple

Totally agree about a missed shot. Should someone be foolish enough to enter my rig, they will face three wild weiners who would convince them the error of their ways. Should the unauthorized entrant decide to stay, my next secret weapon would be low spread and to the point.

Tumble Weed

This little 20 something year old lady 110 lbs 4‘11“, mad as a little wet hen.
She wasted and brought into our jail.
Long story short they decided she needed tazed. She blinked twice pulled out probes,
now she's really mad. So another officer decided to taze her, nada,
so they finally just charged her and took her down.
The Jail Gregg County TX policy, us tazer first don't fight with the customers
and less injurys to every one.
Why it didn't work we didn't know and I'M just relaying a story.
I still can see her standing there with her hands on her hips
in defiance and I can’t repeat what she was saying though..

Just Don Just saying..

Tumble Weed

Also alot of forum you can't talk about guns.
I asked a gun question and though I was going to get hung..
So thanks for this forum..

porthole

Retired
Range time finally with a S&W Governor. This is destined to be the piece of choice for home and trailering.
HD will be loaded with the PDX 410 rounds. http://www.winchester.com/Products/New-Products/Pages/pdx1-410.aspx

I tried 4 different rounds, not something you get to typically do with a firearm. 45 Long Colt, 45 ACP, 410 PDX and 410 Winchester AA Target loads.
Recoil was about the same for all 4. The LC was dirty and smoky stuff. The PDX made a mess of the paper, sure seems to be an effective close range stopper.

45 ACP is what I had the most of with me, so revolver got a workout with it. To use the ACP rounds full and half moon clips are used. The 2 round clips are very easy to load and unload, the full moon were very difficult to unload the empties.

The attached target was after getting comfortable with the gun. Single action is very accurate. Double action, not too bad, just need some range time. Single handed is uncomfortable and hurts just a bit, I think the grip is a bit small.

There are 18 shots on this target. All the shots in the rings are at about 20', using the sights. The 4 in the white are double action. There are 2 more DA and 6 SA in the center black, quite pleased with that. The 6 shots on the 3 squares (2 each) are about 50', SA using the built in laser.

S&W_Governor_1st_shots.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.