The Ultimate Self Defense Weapon for the RV and Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will stick with my Taurus Judge 3" magnum. When in the truck getting to the campsite it is loaded with 2 .410 buckshot loads (3") and 3 .45 long colt hydrashocks. When we are set up and inside I go with all 5 loads of .410. When hikinnng in snake country I carry it with 4 shot shells. Very versatile and very effective.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
The new ammo is great! Awesome close range stuff. Pass the 20 ft mark and it gets a little weak.

But, the good news is I have found the best weapon ever! How embarrassing would it be to get your butt whipped with a pink Barbie bat? Huh? LOL!

IMG_0640.jpg

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
I believe all you need for protection besides a firearm is a good old can of wasp spray the one the shoots about 20'. it definetly will stop someone in their tracks.

PUG

Pug
I carry a keltec pf-9. Always ready to go, wicked enough, and fits easily in front pant pocket at a reasonable price on line.

goodtruck

Neat looking shotgun.I will stick with my S+W mod 500 with 500 gr hollow point.more hitting power longer range and 2 lbs lighter 10 inches shorter.Only downside is it only holds 5 rds,but if you need more your heart or your head is not in it.

porthole

Retired
Anyone compare the judge to the governor?
S&W kicked t up with 6 rounds and choice of .410, 45 colt and 45 ACP, with 2 round clips.

Weatherby PA-459, soon

Last edited:
Anyone compare the judge to the governor?
S&W kicked t up with 6 rounds and choice of .410, 45 colt and 45 ACP, with 2 round clips.

Weatherby PA-459, soon

Unfortunately The Governor only has the ability to load 2 1/2 in .410 shells. I prefer being able to have 5 000 buck pellets in mine. Having the extra round is cool, but if 5 is not enough it is better to run.

ParkIt

Aw Dave, Just got the wife talked into a $300 Mossberg. Don't think she'll go for $800.
Got a chuckle out of me, I'm always the one trying to get DH to spend a bit more on 'home defense' (SPAS 15 when they are legal to buy is my dream, spent $700 on a SPAS 10 & 12). The Moss 500 is fine for me right now, 6 shells loaded are enough to get the job done and you only need to be able to hit the broad side of a barn to be effective. Prefer the 1lb more weight for recoil reduction and swap barrels and grips for hunting, fun and defense though haven't had to use it for the latter part and hope it never comes to that.

Had our local Sheriff comment on my load sequence, he thought it was great (amused the heck out of me!). I was raised with the difference between hunting and defense: shot, slug x4, shot for defense. When he asked I told him the scatter even at 50' or more is usually enough to chase someone off and if that doesn't work and you get buck fever, the last round with shot is going to be close range and do the job you'll need it to.
I guess one has to be strange enough to stay smart - at least that's what Grandpa used to say ;)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Bears don't carry guns...

But their droppings do smell like pepper and ring like little bells if you move them. My take on personal defense is that if you choose to put me or mine in fear for our lives, your's is forfeit.

It would be irresponsible to take your family on a trip such as we all do and not have a firearm to protect them.
That is just my opinion. As was said early on...anyone who would look to do harm to my family deserves exactly what they get.

Wmnmy

It would be irresponsible to take your family on a trip such as we all do and not have a firearm to protect them.
That is just my opinion. As was said early on...anyone who would look to do harm to my family deserves exactly what they get.
I agree with you 100% and being prior military ,LEO ,hunter I'm a very good shot under pressure.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Yes indeed! We go to the shooting range once a month just to keep sharp! Can't be too careful these days. We both just received our concealed carry permits, and feel really good about that. Anyone approaches me with evil intent will be meeting his/her maker!!!!

JudyT

I see bear spray has been mentioned on this thread. I have a caution regarding any aerosol repellent: know which way the wind is blowing before discharge. You may get a full or partial dose yourself and become incapacitated along with the scoundrel. If you can't see him, you can't shoot him. I say, stick with lethal projectiles and never surrender the element of surprise!

Bear spray? Really? I would love to just what is the effective range of bear spray. OK maybe just the range because I cannot imagine this stuff being effective. A 600 pound and that is not a big one, bear coming on at full tilt and you plan to stop him with bear spray? No when I am in bear country it is the 500 Special. I do not intend to give up my pickinick basket, or life wither for that matter.

wdk450

Bear spray? Really? I would love to just what is the effective range of bear spray. OK maybe just the range because I cannot imagine this stuff being effective. A 600 pound and that is not a big one, bear coming on at full tilt and you plan to stop him with bear spray? No when I am in bear country it is the 500 Special. I do not intend to give up my pickinick basket, or life wither for that matter.

I was thinking about defense too, but ruled out firearms for now as I have some depression issues.
The best Bear spray I saw shoots 35 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.