Thinking about purchasing a 2010 Bighorn 3385rl any info from owners

Graeme

The wife and I are looking a buying a 3385rl, there does not seem to be a lot of these on the used RV dealers lots. Just wondered how people like this model and if there are any known problems. Thx

jimtoo

Re: Thinking about purchasing a2010 Bighorn 3385rl any info from owners

Hi Graeme,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I had a 3055RL which was very similar to the 3385 except the 3055 had the split bath. I think the 3385 has the all in one bath. But other than that I think they were pretty close. We loved ours, but got the itch for a little larger... well.. more kitchen space and we found a 3670 that we really liked. It has a lot more kitchen storage and counter space. As far as build.. they are all built really good, but nothing is perfect, especially in the RV world. But if you have found a good used one,, chances are most of the little things have been taken care of and you will have no problems,,, or very few.

Let us know what you do and if you have questions, just ask.

Jim M

jimtoo

OK,, if you get the Bighorn, think of joining us in the Heartland Owners Club and attending a rally when you can. I was going to suggest you go to Niagara Fall, ON, this weekend,, but I looked up where you are and it might be a little to far for a weekend trip. But they are having a rally in Deer Park (Spokane), WA. , 7/25-27 this month. So get the Bighorn, join the club and attend the rally. You will meet the best folks and eat the best food and have a great time.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
HL builds a good coach. Are they perfect...no...but what is. I would advise you...if you like it..buy it. A word of caution....see what brand of tires on the BH. If they are Towmax...have your dealer install Goodyear G614's at a good price. Make sure you do a good PDI (walk through) on it and have any issues repaired by the dealer before you take it. Dont buy any warranty or protection packages. You can get them from Good Sam....cheaper and better. We have had our "Horn" 7 years now and still going strong.

johnjoanw

We love our 2009 and have had no major issues. Check the caulking and slide seals very closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graeme

Update. Well we did not buy the unit. The back chairs had been sun damaged and the previous owner had hit a tree and caused a big scrape on the roof. Don't know if it actually tore the rubber or not but did not want repairs right of the start. Also the fact of not being able to get into the bedroom with the slide in, not a big deal but..... So I'm still a prospective owner. Thanks for all the info. Graeme