Thinking of buying a 2009 3670RL

Dylan

New to the website, thinking hard about purchasing a 2009 3670RL. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions??? Thank you....

jimtoo

Hi Dylan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The 3670 is our favorite floor plan and one of the most popular that Heartland RVs makes. Just be sure you check out the unit very good, tires, roof and everything else.

Let us know how it goes and if you have specific questions, just ask.

Jim M

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Another vote for the BH3670RL.
We really like our 3670RL also. We shopped for months before deciding on that model. Good luck.

aatauses

We have a 2010, BH 3670 and really like it. We retired and wanted to go full timing---we spent close to 2 years making some various plans and looked at all kinds of rv's---we settled on the 3670. I agree, if you are looking at a used one, check everything, roof, tires, slide operation, maint records, etc.
al

caissiel

We have a 2009 model.
Check under the slides for condition of the plywood edges, if its been repaired.

jimtoo

Hi Donthervdude,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

There is nothing specific I would say look for. Just a good general look over from top to bottom. The roof for limb cuts is one of the main things and really other than that, if the unit has been taken care of it should be good to go camping with. I think I would maybe hook to water and check for broken pipes since your up North (freezing), and check the tanks for draining, unless you know the folks and it has been in use a lot.

But here again, knowing the folks is not always enough either.

Enjoy the forum and join our Heartland family.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Donthervdude, welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of good information here.
Like the others have said, check everything. Look at the springs to insure that they are not flat, check out the tires for any unusual wear or bulges. Always inflate to the max pressure listed on the sidewall. Be sure the AC works as well as the furnace, refer and water heater. Never turn on the electric to the water heater when it is empty. Check the roof membrane and all caulking. They need to be re-caulked as needed.
So in general look at everything.
The Bighorn 3670RL is a very popular model. Good luck.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The 2009 BH3670 is an excellent floor plan (I'm prejudiced). It still had the full dresser and the deep mirrored door cabinet on the ODS side of the closet.

StephenKatSea

We have an 08' BH3670 and love it. Other than a problem with the "black tank vacuum breaker check valve" being totally hidden and dumping water into the interior of a wall, we've had very little problems at all with our RV. Believe in 09' this VBC valve is located behind the shower circular inspection port and at least you can get at it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have an 08' BH3670 and love it. Other than a problem with the "black tank vacuum breaker check valve" being totally hidden and dumping water into the interior of a wall, we've had very little problems at all with our RV. Believe in 09' this VBC valve is located behind the shower circular inspection port and at least you can get at it.

Not necessarily. If it's an '09, built in '08, then the valve is probably still stuck up the wall behind the toilet, not the shower inspection port. If I was real ambitious, I suppose I could move it. Big IF there, however. Then it would dump on the furnace, which is definitely not a good thing. The way it is now, there are no electrical devices under it...anymore. Originally, the converter was directly under it.

Dylan

Thanks for all the info. I am now thinking of buying a 2008 F350 (diesel). Any thoughts, comments on this being suitable to pull the 3670RL, please advise. Not sure of all the specs on the truck, other than F350, diesel, crew cab, standard size bed. Thanks again...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
If I were going to buy a used Heartland trailer I would contact Heartland and see if I could get a list of repairs that have been made. You should be able to give Heartland the Vin # and they can see if they have done any warranty work or provided parts for the trailer. Hopefully Heartland would freely provide any repair information concerning one of their trailers.

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for all the info. I am now thinking of buying a 2008 F350 (diesel). Any thoughts, comments on this being suitable to pull the 3670RL, please advise. Not sure of all the specs on the truck, other than F350, diesel, crew cab, standard size bed. Thanks again...

Dylan, the F350 will be plenty of truck for a 3670. IF it's a dually, it's better yet but a SRW will do. Go for it!

rick_debbie_gallant

3670 is a great rig. We pulled ours from Michigan two years ago with a 2009 Dodge 3/4 ton. No problems at all. However last year we switched to a 1 ton dually and both DW and I feel more secure with the extra two tires under the rear end. One other thing. Try and get a good set of rubber for the 3670 from the seller. You may still have the china bombs. A good set is the Goodyear G614's

bigbird272

The other place to check is under the bottom of both slides at the edges. You will probably find wood scraped off from the slide going in and out. A chronic Heartland problem that I have seen on most Bighorns and other units from Heartland. Major cost to repair if it is not taken care of right away.

Rick

wdk450

I am the owner of a 2008 3670RL bought in early 2009. As others have stated, I would recommend a thurough inspection of the suspension, springs, equalizers and torque of shackle and wheel bolts. If buying from a dealer, I would try to get them to include a suspension equalizer upgrade like TrailAir centerpoint, or MorRyde SRE4000, and walk you through a COMPLETE PDI. Inspect/Run EVERYTHING!

Search this forum for refrigerator vent baffle mod and Air conditioning duct baffle mod.

Here are some links:
Refrig: (Be sure to add insulation at top and sides) (See my post of 10/18) //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/17903

Air Conditioner: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/16193

PDI Checklist: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/23099

Springs/Shackles: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/28006