Third a/c in a 2016 Big Horn

Maple18

I just purchased a 2016 Big Horn Elite. Love it, but I want to add a 3rd a/c. Not sure this can be done. Any thoughts?

jimtoo

Hi Maple18,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm not sure, but another a/c could be added, but might require lots of wiring. Hopefully some of our other Elite owners will jump in for more infol.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

esscobra

have 2017 3760el originally considered replacing ceiling fan with a 3rd a/c has heavier a/c line run to it - with one of the low draw advent a/c units- however with new roof/insulation design even in this summers 100+ south texas heat I so far have not found the need as 2 a/cs are able to keep unit in low 70s

pegmikef

I have run into a couple of folks with Big Horns that have added a third A/C. I don't know how they did it, but what I found interesting was that they didn't integrate it into the coach wiring, but ran a separate circuit and ran the third A/C off of the thirty Amp outlet at the pedestal (most have both a fifty and a thirty on their own breakers). I assume they just terminated the circuit with a pigtail connecter on the rigs exterior.

Maybe someone will see this and explain how they did it.

carl.swoyer

I just purchased a 2016 Big Horn Elite. Love it, but I want to add a 3rd a/c. Not sure this can be done. Any thoughts?
My 2012 Landmark Rushmore has two 15 k AC units. Never felt the need to have another unit installed. I also run two small fans in the bedroom to circulate the air.
I'd say save your moolah

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks everyone for replying to my post. Still not sure if I can install a third a/c.

I would call Heartland and have your VIN handy, they may be able to tell you.

I read a Facebook post from a dealer I trust, T&S in Navasota, who replied to a similar query, that no you can't add one because the vent opening is not properly sized/framed to add it. That's hearsay, I don't know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esscobra

I bought from t&s and we tried to get a 3rd a/c installed - the regional rep was helpful after a lot of work in getting most of my changes done- through him I was able to speak to a supposed engineer and said that one could go where maxxair fan was or where ceiling fan is- weird how the have a separate breaker with 15a breaker with a heavier gauge wire for that ceiling fan- I wasn't willing to give up maxxair fan and really feel any additional cooling would be more beneficial in the rearmost area- the last 2 summers the 2 units have done a good job of cooling and cant say that I have wished I had it- the advent low draw units are relatively light and low power - I am planning on spending the 650 on solar panels which I think will be more useful