Thoughts on JT Strongarms?

ihsolutions

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm sold on the JT Strongarms. I have a service appointment with Lippert right before the rally in June, to have my springs replaced (again) just one last time under warranty. While there, I'm going to have the greasable wet bolt kit installed, along with the JT's. I would normally do the JT's myself, but for $100 I can save at least one or two bloody knuckles, not a bad deal at all!

caissiel

I bought these when they were on sale. I bought 6 for 2 extras at the rear but now use them in my truck box
The trailer is very stable just by using the 4 in front. and the electric stabilizers at the back are great.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_12114_12114

In addition I have added the 2 Scissor Jacks at the rear of the last axle and it stabilizes the center of the trailer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
caissiel, I noticed on your pictures earlier in this thread, your pins were facing forward on your landing gear. Do the leg extensions just come out of the main leg and then move the spring pin to the front? Any trick to removing the extensions? I see the mail leg already has the holes front to rear so it looks like you just unclamp, rotate and reattach.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Put my rear one's on. Solid as a rock. I have the front hydraulics and they work well with that setup. I highly recommend them. Trace

caissiel

I never noticed it before. The trailer was setup that way when I took delivery. I realy like it that way its realy close to pull and push. Also the SW. is on the front wall.
The best way to remove the extension would be to remove the main landing tubes and rotate the pin to suit, and reinstall the extension.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I never noticed it before. The trailer was setup that way when I took delivery. I realy like it that way its realy close to pull and push. Also the SW. is on the front wall.
The best way to remove the extension would be to remove the main landing tubes and rotate the pin to suit, and reinstall the extension.
Is it safe to assume you bought it used? I've never seen one set up like that before. I would have considered changing mine a long time ago. Thanks for the reply.