Time changing upon entering forum/ posts say already read (when they haven't been)

jbeletti

Okay Chuck - what I conclude form this test is that threads/posts created that require moderation, once validated by an Admin or Moderator, appear on the forum as created at the actual time the threads/posts were made.

As such, it is possible for a forum member to read all the new posts, then come back later to find new threads/posts that were made prior to his earlier session.

Example:

10:00 AM - User XYZ creates a new thread in an ATF forum (this requires moderation)
1:00 PM - You read all new posts
3:00 PM - John validates the new ATF thread made by user XYZ at 10:00 AM
4:00 PM - You find that new thread by user XYZ (made 6 hours prior) and wonder "what the heck is going on?"!

Same would be true for the first two threads/posts by new users.

I am not saying this is the only thing that has been driving you wacky - but it is one thing.

Thanks for testing theory.

Jim

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Just came into the forum a few minutes ago and it asked me to sign in. I had been running a program in the background called "SpeedUpMyPC" by UniBlue before this (may have completed before I left the forum last time - not sure). Nothing in this program indicated that it had stripped my userids, but I see that other programs no longer have this when I sign in.

Anyway, when I signed in, it told me that I had just been in one minute ago and there were no new threads. However, when I went to the past 24 hours link, there were two threads that I had not seen since I had last signed off.

Not sure why this is doing this.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
jpmorgan37 said:
Chuck;
One thing that I've found is when I sign on to the forum, I can't jump to do and e-mail of PM, because when I come back, all of my post since last visit are history. Another thing I've found is that there is a time limit that you can leave it open (not sure how long) before it quits recognizing them. I know when I get interrupted for 10 minutes or so, I lose the unviewed post feature.

John

John, when I was going through posts earlier today, I came across Forest's laughable link and just had to send it out to several friends. Then I got to thinking after sending it that - oh oh, I screwed up and I won't be able to see the rest of the new posts. However, they worked as normal.

Go figure:confused: