Tire "age-out" ?

tireman9

Was wondering if folks here had ever heard about tires aging out before they wear out. tried doing a couple searces but got no "hits".

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes some say 4 years, some say more, some say less.
I'll go 5 years max on my RV. I don't worry to much about it on my car trailers or my Semi trailers. But I wont recap a older casing.

Just my 2cents

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Was wondering if folks here had ever heard about tires aging out before they wear out. tried doing a couple searces but got no "hits".

Did someone hijack your computer. You already know that for 95-99 percent of RV's will age out their RV tires way before they wear them out. Maybe a grandson or daughter that does not know to capitalize the first word in a sentence, how to spell searches and use however instead of but? Chris

Last edited:

CDN

B and B

tireman9

Did someone hijack your computer. You already know that for 95-99 percent of RV's will age out their RV tires way before they wear them out. Maybe a grandson or daughter that does not know to capitalize the first work in a sentence, how to spell searches and use however instead of but? Chris

Yes, I know tires can "age-out" before they wear-out". I am asking the question to try and learn if others know this and if some do, what are the numbers. IMO 95-99% of RVs will age out their tires BUT I am having a problem with a supposed"expert" who does not appear to know much about RVs but has decided to claim that tires should never have structural problems before they wear out. I need some numbers to counter his position. If I received say 20 replies that agreed with the age out first and one or none disagreeing, I believe it would give me some strong ammunition.

RE my typing issues. I can only apologize and claim lack of sleep due to returning from Calif on the "Red Eye" flight yesterday. I will endeavor to do better in the future and run the grammar/spellcheck feature more religiously in the future.
My spelling & grammar software check wants to change "hijack" to "hijacks" so maybe technology isn't 100% reliable

sengli

My father in law who is old school, and has had RV's since forever told me that 7 years is the limit. I think , I will do maybe 5 -6 years, we never go that far with the coach. UV is the killer on these. I keep mine stored, sitting on boards, and it is always under roof and not exposed to sunlight when not in use.

Lynn1130

I think you can get an idea of "tire" questions including how long to keep them on by doing a search here on the topic or checking the bottom of the page for similar threads. Tires topics are a dime a dozen on this site and a simple search will give you answer that you are looking for. If you want to run a survey ask the mods if they would be willing to run one for you.

donr827

Lets remember that after the large number of new RV owners the past few years that this thread could be informational. When I purchased my first RV many years ago I new very little about RV tires. JMO
Don

Lynn1130

Lets remember that after the large number of new RV owners the past few years that this thread could be informational.

I would agree, and also add "repetitive" since I can recall several recent threads where this was discussed.

5 years might be a magic number in some parts of the country but here it is 4 max due to sun damage.