tire air pressure

dtodd

I have a question on tire air pressure, we have a 2012 32 buds and the stciker on the side of the trailer states 80psi cold but the side wall of the tires say 65 max psi, what are others running in their tires. thanks for your input

TeJay

I can't advise what pressure you should use but this I know. The tire pressure stamped on the sidewall is the maximum you should use for the load range of that tire. If you carry a smaller load you could put less but never more. If they are saying put in 80 psi and your tire says 65 max psi something is wrong. You could check your dealer and find out what another identical unit says. Check your weight and divide by 4 to determine what each tire is going to carry then determine your load range on the tire and see if they match up. For example you may have tires that can carry 2000 lbs and your max trailer loaded weight is 8,000 lbs you're good to go. You should never carry more than 8-K and each tire won't carry more than it designed carrying capacity. Check on line for your brand of tire and you should find charts that list the load range by letters and their load range weights. It's possible that the sticker on the side of the trailer is wrong for your unit.
TeJay

CliffP

I have a question on tire air pressure, we have a 2012 32 buds and the stciker on the side of the trailer states 80psi cold but the side wall of the tires say 65 max psi, what are others running in their tires. thanks for your input

Our sticker and tires both say 65psi. Also like TeJay says, max pressure on tire sidewall is max pressure.

197_9742.JPG

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Could be you got the wrong sticker on your rig for the tires it has. Check the size info on the sticker against what's on the tires. Stranger things have happened.

wdk450

My rig new had an 80 PSI sticker (along with a 16,000 GVW on the sticker). The tires say 110 PSI. Heartland admitted that the sticker was wrong.

frumbawa

My rig new had an 80 PSI sticker (along with a 16,000 GVW on the sticker). The tires say 110 PSI. Heartland admitted that the sticker was wrong.

I wish I had this problem. My sticker says 110 psi. Tires say 80. I go with what the tires say.