Tire balance

MIKEGELLO

Hello everyone
I’m replacing my 6 year old g-rated Goodyear tires. Just wondering if anyone is balancing their tires?
Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jerryjay11

Hello everyone
I’m replacing my 6 year old g-rated Goodyear tires. Just wondering if anyone is balancing their tires?
Thanks
Mike

Always. Both our TT and boat trailer. Tire shops may not understand it, but traveling at highway speeds with unbalanced tires is attributed to many premature tire or bearing failures.

avvidclif

Just make sure whoever does it has the correct alignment fixture. The cone (used on most vehicle rims) for centering the rim won't work on most rv rime. They have to have the adapter to center off the lug nut holes. Someone will give the correct terminology, my brain isn't working today.

CoveredWagon

I installed Centramatics on our rig. I like the idea of continual balancing.

http://www.centramatic.com/wheel-balance.rhtml?type=Trailers-RV

jerryjay11

Oh! I kind of like that! It's just like the Maytag front load washers that has liquid in the tub ring.

wdk450

Hello everyone
Thanks
Mike

I have yet to hear of any experienced tire guy recommending NOT to balance. The one drawback with current (old) balancing technology is throwing wheel weights while travelling down the road. Maybe they need some of that new TV FLEX glue.

genep777

Hi Dave,
Did you put the centramatics on your rig and truck both? What was your cost and did you have them installed or was this a diy project? Thank you.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have yet to hear of any experienced tire guy recommending NOT to balance. The one drawback with current (old) balancing technology is throwing wheel weights while travelling down the road. Maybe they need some of that new TV FLEX glue.
Ya but a lot of them will be lazy and not do it unless you ask them to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jerryjay11

Ya but a lot of them will be lazy and not do it unless you ask them to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I can tell you there are a few tire installers in Delaware that are surprised when I tell them to balance my tires on either the boat trailer or TT. Maybe because they are use to installing tires on the junk hauling, landscaping, and small utility trailers rather than a trailer that will be hauling long distance. The big truck tire guys in DE. understand.