Tire Clearance

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would check with Heartland, anyway. Take pics and send them. If the wrong axles were installed, they may work with you to replace them. Did you measure the frame? Could the spring hangers be located incorrectly? if the frame is not in alignment, then you may have some recourse with Lippert, the frame manufacturer. I'd still have those tires checked, too. (We had a bent axle, and a defective tire, which made one of our rear tires appear too close to the fender.)

Good luck!

Chumbly

Just as a follow-up, I was in touch with Heartland...actually the rep I talked to phoned me about another query and I questioned him about this issue as well. I could hardly believe their quick service... hats off to them for that. His recommendation, however, is to take it back to a dealership for an inspection. I had already done that with the dealer who sold it to me in the first place and they charged me another $480 to climb underneath with a tape measure,... the result being him telling me that there was nothing wrong, but his solution was to trim the molding off... (if it's rubbing the molding off, how is there not a problem?) I was underneath with a straightedge and a tape measure as well, with different findings. So, I'm a little hesitant to do that yet again. So, I'm still trying to decide the next course of action. It may be cheaper in the long run just to replace the axles myself.