Tire info

SNOKING

Just bought a new 3270 and on the first trip out another Heartland owner told us there had been issues with the "China" tires blowing with only 500 miles on them. We were going to change them out but researching first. Looks like you like them so no issues?

If your trailer is new, it should have Sailun S637 load range G tires that have an excellent track record. He most likely has Tow Max AKA blowmax. Keep the Sailun's. Chris

1RVNUT

Yes it did. 2017 BH. We did a trial run to check it out and the Heartland next to us had a tire blow on a bad stretch of road and as it happens a Heartland on the other said in the course of discussion that there had been blow out issues with the "China" tires and he had his replaced even though it was new. We replaced our old coach and bought new so we could travel worry free. Ounce of prevention...... Big trip planned and don't want issues. If tires are good we'll just keep em.

- - - Updated - - -

Thx. We'll travel with peace of mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Thx for the input. Feeling better

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
It came with the Sailun tires and we thought we had to replace them but maybe not. Just trying to find out if they are good reliable tires and it looks like you are happy with them. Correct?

My 3010 came with Towmax and I had 10K or so miles before I put on the G rated Goodyears. After returning from Alaska last summer one of the Goodyears was showing potential issues so bought 4 new tires in Montana, G rated Gladiators (made in China) look just like the Goodyears I took off.
You'll be ok with Sailuns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Sailun and Maxxis ST trailer tires or the Goodyear G614's recommended to me by Bob (Cranky old) over two years ago. I have read if a G614 blows, Goodyear will repair your rig. They are great ties. Sailun would be a great second choice. I was told that they are made to Canadian specifications for trailer tires and are better than the US specifications. The Goodyear Marathon are ST trailer tires built to US standards in China and we know the reputation they have on the forum. The G614's are truck drive wheel/trailer tires made in the US. When I purchased mine they were three weeks old from the US plant.

By the way, if you want to attend a great rally, Bob's Heartland southern California rally at Pachanga Resort in Temecula is great. I know Bob you won't plug it, so I did!

SNOKING

Sailun 's are made in China, however they meet international quality standard that no other chinese trailer does. No one that I have seen has report a problem with the them. Chris

Ssthrd

I don't know what brand of tire I have on my new (to me) Wilderness 2750RL, and it is 1000 miles from here, so I can't just go out and check. When we bought the trailer, the tires looked almost brand new. Having said that, I am wondering what kind of useful life can be expected from most brands. I assume that the Heartland factory would not install second rate equipment.

My wife and I are leaving in a couple of months (counting down the days) on a 'round North America trek of about 15,000 miles or so. Should I be thinking about replacing tires along the way? I would say that most of the way will be on paved roads, and I am a relative snail on the road usually at 55-60 mph.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I don't know what brand of tire I have on my new (to me) Wilderness 2750RL, and it is 1000 miles from here, so I can't just go out and check. When we bought the trailer, the tires looked almost brand new. Having said that, I am wondering what kind of useful life can be expected from most brands. I assume that the Heartland factory would not install second rate equipment.

My wife and I are leaving in a couple of months (counting down the days) on a 'round North America trek of about 15,000 miles or so. Should I be thinking about replacing tires along the way? I would say that most of the way will be on paved roads, and I am a relative snail on the road usually at 55-60 mph.

If they are the stock tires that came with the trailer from the factory, they most likely are TowMax tires (AKA - BlowMax tires).

If they are still on your trailer . . . get them off!

And do the spare, too!

Don't go for the Goodyear Marathon's . . . same tire as the BlowMax, only with a different name on them.

Look for the Maxxis or Carlysle tires.