Tire info

DABAUDMAN

Guys am checking to see if anyone is familiar with Prometer Tires am thinking of putting the 14 Ply on our 3612 Cyclone HD Edition I have some 235/80/r16 - 10Ply Good Year Marathon Radial I have read a lot on this site but have not seen anyone chime on that Brand appreciate any Info thanks

SNOKING

Guys am checking to see if anyone is familiar with Prometer Tires am thinking of putting the 14 Ply on our 3612 Cyclone HD Edition I have some 235/80/r16 - 10Ply Good Year Marathon Radial I have read a lot on this site but have not seen anyone chime on that Brand appreciate any Info thanks

Put Sailun S637 on it. All steel plies come in 235/80R16 and 235/85R16, and the 80's are the same diameter as your current MayPops. Chris

Gary521

There are only two brands of ST tires recommended by this forum: Sailun and Maxxis. All others are very questionable, including the Marathons. If you are trying to save money on these, don't.

SNOKING

There are only two brands of ST tires recommended by this forum: Sailun and Maxxis. All others are very questionable, including the Marathons. If you are trying to save money on these, don't.

The Maxxis really does not compare to the all steel ply Sailun S637. They "Maxxis" have had reports of early dry rot among other things.

If you go back to 2010 when I wrote this about tires https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/12076-Trailer-Tires-Explained?highlight=Trailer+tires
one of the things that has changed is many of the ST manufacturers have raised their speed ratings, which is troubling. The speed restriction of 65 MPH is what allowed the inflated ratings of ST tires. With that raise and little else, it is a mystery. They claim the addition of a Nylon ply between the radial plies and casing plies greatly improved things, however the Goodyear Marathon got that in the late 1990's when the Circle S update occurred. So I remain confused by the magic and mirrors.

The Maxxis would still be recommended for 15" applications, however for 16" there are much better choices.

Chris

RDsStudio59

I just replaced 4 new Blow Max with Maxis 8008 so far (600mi.) they are working out great and I feel more at ease going down the highway after all the horror stories.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

justafordguy

If your wheels will handle the 110psi of a G rated tire, get the Sailun S637. You can't beat them for the money.

RDsStudio59

Just found out during tire replacement my wheels are 110psi rated so maybe next round I can look into them. Still have a set of 4 almost new (200mi.) Blow Max in the garage I can't seem to interest anyone in......

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I just replaced 4 new Blow Max with Maxis 8008 so far (600mi.) they are working out great and I feel more at ease going down the highway after all the horror stories.

Don't forget to replace your spare tire with a Maxxis . . .

After all . . . if you can't trust them on the road . . . then they can't be trusted as a spare, either!

RDsStudio59

Don't forget to replace your spare tire with a Maxxis . . .

After all . . . if you can't trust them on the road . . . then they can't be trusted as a spare, either!
In the works for sure.

Diamondjim

Just put 5 Maxxis on our rig. O miles, but that will change in about 2 weeks. Headed North....

Also matched up GY Wrangler SRA's on the back with 2 new ones on the front of TV. I hope I can afford to spend the summer on the road now.:( Michelin had been on truck for 10+ years. Will be relaxed (some more) now with good shoes on TV & 5th wheel.

Gaffer

I had great luck as have many others with Maxxis. The Cyclone in the signature photo shows 3 axels. I would be very confident with up to 15k on the axles of his rig. I had 10k on the 2 axles of my BH 3055 and had plenty of reserve capacity.

1RVNUT

Just bought a new 3270 and on the first trip out another Heartland owner told us there had been issues with the "China" tires blowing with only 500 miles on them. We were going to change them out but researching first. Looks like you like them so no issues?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just bought a new 3270 and on the first trip out another Heartland owner told us there had been issues with the "China" tires blowing with only 500 miles on them. We were going to change them out but researching first. Looks like you like them so no issues?
What tires are you considering?
Your BH3270 is a pretty heavy trailer I suggest a G rated Sailun 637 or Goodyear G614.

Peace
Dave

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

If it's "new" didn't it already have G rated tires? Sailuns??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1RVNUT

It came with the Sailun tires and we thought we had to replace them but maybe not. Just trying to find out if they are good reliable tires and it looks like you are happy with them. Correct?

danemayer

Almost all trailer tires are made in China. Some are better, some are worse. So a comment about being made in China isn't necessarily helpful.

Sailun tires have proven very reliable. I don't think there's even a single failure report on RV forums.