Tire Pressures, where to fill

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
While at Home Depot today, I noticed they had a different model 3 gallon Husky that is rated to 150 psi (for $129). This is not the same one I saw a while ago that only went to 135 psi, for $100. Hard for me to justify a second small compressor, though. I don't run my nailers that often, much less fill tires.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I'm a newbe to RVing-our first one is still on order. I'm assuming that the 12 volt ones that you plug into your cig. lighter wouldn't work? Something like this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Masterflo...nflator-with-LED-Light/12321235#ProductDetail

I have a cigaretter lighter in my truck not my rig. I am not sure the model you show will work for 110 lb PSI. Which brings a good point up. Will these recommended 12 Volt compressors work in my truck lighter? Or are they plug in? And if so where?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The problem with the 12 volt compressors is most will not inflate to 110 pounds. If they do it takes them forever. I have one that will only it takes about 1 1/2 hours to reach 110 pounds. It is okay to reach 80 pounds which will allow me to limp to a place where I can get a compressor cabable of the 110 level. I have the Husky AC compressor I carry and it works great.

olcoon

I kind of thought that the 12 volt probably wouldn't work very good. I had one several years until fried, and it didn't do too well. Just thought I'd ask the experts to see if things had improved. Thanks for the good info!

traveler44

air compressors

My tires on my truck and on my B.H. are both rated for less than 100psi so I have a husky that is rated for 150psi.and does the job very well. I am just wondering how big of an inverter I would need to run it if i needed air along the road somewhere? Maybe I should just make sure all of my tires stay aired up including the spares while I have 110v available. Tom

palebluedot

Our PacBrake PRXB on the Dodge has an onboard air compressor that supplies 125 PSI to operate the brake. It
also has a "quick connector" under the hood and comes with a coiled 25' hose and fittings. I use it to top off the TV and BH tires as needed. Very convenient and always handy - no bulky compressor units to haul around take up storage space.