Tire Pressures

I have the factory original Towmax tires on my 300C. I've always been a stickler for running my tires at the inflation pressures on the door sticker of the vehicle they are mounted to. However, the door sticker has never recommended a pressure higher than that on the sidewall of the tire. :confused:

The sidewall pressure maximum is 80 PSI...the Heartland sticker calls for 110 PSI, slightly different. I'm not really excited about exceeding the tire manufacturer's recommendation...any advice? (besides, "Get rid of the China Bombs!"...I'm not sure I buy that conclusion anyway, and even so, that debate has been handled elsewhere... :D )

Thanks!

Dave

jnbhobe

Do what the tire says, then call Heartland (with your vin) and ask where your G-rated tires are ?? Lot of good that will do. LOL
If your wheels are rated for 110psi tires I would start looking.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I agree with Jon except I'd try hitting up the dealer for the tires that are indicated on the VIN sticker. Can't hurt to try...

TireHobby

If your trailer and others like it also come equipped with the G614 tires and the high pressure rims to go with them I really do think you should press your dealer/vehicle manufacturer for a complete set of G614 tires .

You are in the drivers seat here. The regulations clearly state that “at the time of first sale” the tires/rims MUST match the information on the certification label. Had the dealer or you found the discrepancy on the PDI a new label could have been provided by the dealer. Now it’s too late for them to amend it because they have already violated the regulation and are liable for all other units sold with that safety violation and could be subject to a NHTSA recall order for the improperly documented certification label.

Most important; No Not exceed the tire pressure depicted on your tire’s sidewalls.

TireHobby