Tire wear

orion7144

Outside of rear tire on only the off door side. Other 3 tires look good. Any ideas. They are Rainier ST235/85/R16 F rated tires. Tires were at 95 psi all summer then before our November trip, they read 87 psi (due to outside temp) so I filled back up.
20181125_151822.jpg20181125_151830.jpg

mlpeloquin

As said, you need an alignment. Look up a truck/trailer alignment center. Took care of mine in no time a year ago. After an 11k mile trip across country, two of my "new before the trip" Sallun tires are wearing a bit more on an inside edge and I need one again. The first time it was only one side of the back axle on the passenger side. This time it is both axles on the drivers side.

rhodies1

Chances are Heartland will deny your claim,they will advise that it was most likely caused by you hitting a pot hole or curb. Depending on what was installed on your rig,Lippert or Dexter axles... you may presue that avenue and contact them for advise.They will require pics and may or may not help out.

danemayer

Is this something that I should pursue with Heartland since I am still in warranty?

There's a Warranty Statement in your trailer manual that states what Heartland covers under warranty. Axles are warranted by their manufacturer, not by Heartland. If you let your dealer handle the warranty, they just handle it and you usually don't have to get involved in the details of who covers each part. If they submit a claim that gets rejected, you may need to call Dexter or Lippert yourself.