Tires for the truck

Flyfish4m

BFG Commercial TA for me, always had good success with BFG, Had Generals on the truck when bought it new, they did the job, no complaints,replacing the '' bombs'' on the BC next going with Goodyear G614's, need a G rated tire, not many choices there.:rolleyes:

tmcran

I talked with Edgar who hauls RV's from Heartland Factory to a dealer in Tennessee.
He is getting 100,000 miles out of Michelin LTX AT2's and swears by them. I bought a set at Costco for around $800 and they did a very good job of mounting, balancing and torquing them. Also, they filled them with nitrogen.

X2 on the Michelins LTX. Great milage and tread stays together over rough roads. I'm not putting anything on my TV that has "good" in it.:D

aquiring signal

I have almost 10k miles on my new Nitto Dura Grapplers and love them. I replaced my OEM load range E Michelins (rated for 3195 lbs each) with the Nittos (rated for 3750 lbs each) because the tires were my weakest link. Raising my max allowed tire load more than 1000 pounds per axle was welcome. The truck rides great both when the tires are aired down for daily driving and at 80 psi for towing.

wyleyrabbit

Jon,

How do you decide how much air to put in your tires, both for daily driving and for towing?

I've just been using 66 psi in my fronts, and 60 psi in my rears, which is what's printed in the sticker in the door jamb. I have the stock General Tire tires.

aquiring signal

The sticker on the door pillar says for light loads I should run 45 psi in the fronts, 40 psi in the rears. I've been running 5 more than that (50 psi f/45 psi r) with satisfactory ride quality. I may try a little lower in the future. When towing, I run all four at 80 psi.

Last edited:

wyleyrabbit

Jon,

Aren't there load charts or something that tell you how much to put in when under load? I haven't yet found the aforementioned charts for my tires yet, so am not sure what to do. Seems to me there must be some science here somewhere, and I'd generally prefer to not just make it up as I go along. :)

Chris

jnbhobe

Try bridgstonetrucktire.com It has inflation tables also, I just don't know how to import it to here. ?? JON:confused::confused::confused::confused: